Amp with Dsp built in help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Thank you for your reply I thought I would be running coaxial from my head unit into the dsp? To get the full 24/192 ?

My mistake the Mosconi doesnt have Coaxial or Optical.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply I thought I would be running coaxial from my head unit into the dsp? To get the full 24/192 ?

My mistake the Mosconi doesnt have Coaxial or Optical.

It appears to me that the mosconi as coaxial and optical. Optical is a great way to send signal to the dsp I didn't know if your head unit is capable. This simplifies install to 1 input wire granted it's fiber optic cable and has to be run carefully since it cannot be pinched or kinked.

Fiber is impervious to noise interference so it makes for the best option. Coaxial would likely work similarly

Typically people around me would just run RCA cables or a fiber optic cable. I don't think I've ever seen one run off of coaxial cable.

Well I guess it would be better said a balance lead coaxials since many of our common RCA cables are actually coaxial cables with RCA ends.

This is the one with coaxial and optical, i want to run coaxial from my head unit which it has and the dsp unit has, so no rca. I guess then i only run the rca outs of dsp ? to amp ?

They make no mention of the playing resolution on the mosconi site, im assuming coaxial will do 24/192, but they make no mention cant find it even in the manual ?????????

I think fiber optic cant deliever the full spectrum of the signal, i know usb is the best, then coaxial which can do 24/192 res., not sure what rca can do ?

Sorry to overload this, ok coaxial from head unit to mosconi dsp coaxial in, then rca out of DSP to Audison rca in, will the 24/96 carry thru the rca cables ? from what i have read yes with good rca cables.

Last edited:

This is the one with coaxial and optical, i want to run coaxial from my head unit which it has and the dsp unit has, so no rca. I guess then i only run the rca outs of dsp ? to amp ?

They make no mention of the playing resolution on the mosconi site, im assuming coaxial will do 24/192, but they make no mention cant find it even in the manual ?????????

I think fiber optic cant deliever the full spectrum of the signal, i know usb is the best, then coaxial which can do 24/192 res., not sure what rca can do ?

Sorry to overload this, ok coaxial from head unit to mosconi dsp coaxial in, then rca out of DSP to Audison rca in, will the 24/96 carry thru the rca cables ? from what i have read yes with good rca cables.

Getting a little to deep in it for me.

Sorry for the dump of questions. I want hi res playing thru my system, im sure its going to work cause Rca cables can carry 24/96 flac files, so no big deal. Downloaded the Mosconi sofware for the dsp, looks very well done fairly simple, sure theres a learning curve, but it looks well done.

Next step is get speakers and install them, run wires again, under my seat while i wait for parts to show up.

Going to look into your sub suggestions right now.

Last edited:
Sorry for the dump of questions. I want hi res playing thru my system, im sure its going to work cause Rca cables can carry 24/96 flac files, so no big deal. Downloaded the Mosconi sofware for the dsp, looks very well done fairly simple, sure theres a learning curve, but it looks well done.

Next step is get speakers and install them, run wires again, under my seat while i wait for parts to show up.

Going to look into your sub suggestions right now.

Don't discount a pair of 6.5s if you need to save space.

Savard makes the hi q in 6.5 and 8inch which are also quite good.

It really depends on how much room you want to give up

Dayton audio makes the ho 10 which works well in smallish boxes and is comparable to a w6.

Sound quality and subs is such a subjective thing. In competition it's all about a flat response but reality is we generally want more bass. It becomes difficult to achieve sub 35hz performance once you go below 1 cubic foot of airspace.

Ohhhhh ok thanks, i didnt know i could go 6.5 sub, didnt even think they made them that small. I think i need to go look at a 8 inch in the enclosure and see how big it is , again Fiat very small, maybe a 6.5 is good enough. Found a way to mearsure far my speakers are from the grills, i have no stock speaker. Im going to measure from the speaker grill to a mark i put on the center console and then take off the plastic door panels and measure to acual speaker to get a good measurement, so i know how much i need to bump them out with mdf or plywood 3/4, 1/2 inch and get that rattle out of the door with the wood mount.

It's a few posts late, but, I gotta strongly reccomend that you get the Audiocontrol 608 or perhaps a TWK 88 . I have both in two different cars as well as an 810 in another it's amazing what they can do . I have built systems taking into what the audio processing does to different speaker combinations and although it can't necessarily turn water into wine , it isn't half bad grape juice.

I've been looking at the 608 the only thing that worried me about the 608 was that thing came out 6 years ago I was like is it behind the times and technology? I can get that for $400 it looks really good the software looks excellent. The TWK 88 I was looking at that one too the 608 has optical and coaxial inputs it's probably the best bet. We'll leave the water to wine up to Jesus.

I think I'm going to take your recommendation and choose one of those two dsps.

Let me know which one of those dsps you mentioned you prefer more than the other?

Last edited:
As far as whether the 608 is behind the times after 6 years? Everything today is behind the times the moment it comes out. If cutting edge is what you are after, I guarantee your $400 price is going to be unrealistic. Although I don't have stock in the company nor a need to defend it. Once again , I ask your comfortable budget for this sytem that you are about to purchase. Either DSP has it's merits. I needed a specific one for each specific build that I was undertaking. As I did, I would urge you to do your own research, into the functions and features that speak most to you. They vary in size and UI as well as the amount of outputs available. Rest assured both are solid, just match the right one to what you need.

Ohhhhh ok thanks, i didnt know i could go 6.5 sub, didnt even think they made them that small. I think i need to go look at a 8 inch in the enclosure and see how big it is , again Fiat very small, maybe a 6.5 is good enough. Found a way to mearsure far my speakers are from the grills, i have no stock speaker. Im going to measure from the speaker grill to a mark i put on the center console and then take off the plastic door panels and measure to acual speaker to get a good measurement, so i know how much i need to bump them out with mdf or plywood 3/4, 1/2 inch and get that rattle out of the door with the wood mount.

Measure out the space you are willing to give up for the box length×width×height÷1728 that'll give you the gross airspace you have.

That will tell you what subs you can possibly go with. I don't recommend less than 2 6.5s ported or 1 8 sealed and really I'd prefer the single 8 to be ported

Okay I'll take the measurements and try that.
Yeah if you're recommending two 6.5s I'd rather just go with one eight.

I know I have to choose between those two dsps they seem very similar to me it's going to come down to software which one offers an easier user friendly software I doubt there's a huge difference in sound between the two dsps.

Lots of videos on YouTube for The tweak 88.

So you prefer the audio control over the tweak 88 when I go on YouTube there are way more videos on how to use the software in The tweak 88 then I can find on the audio control specs wise they look very similar have to do further research into it.

The helix mini DSP Mark 2 at 429 which is the same price as the above two mentioned has a better processor in it it uses Burr Brown DAC chips which are exceptional DAC chips and it will process 96 files 24-bit

There are actually a lot of good choices when it comes to dsps it's definitely between the moscone the audio control The tweak 88 or the helix I'm going to research them more look at their software watch videos see which one appeals to me the most and then buy it.

The audison bit one does 24/48 the tweak 88 does 24/48 the mosconi does 24/48 as far as playing files and decoding high resolution music the audio control 601 24/48. The helix mini DSP will do 24/96 there is a moscone aerostar or arrow something that will do 24/192 but it's a bundle of money and it's not worth the extra $500 to hear such a minute difference. As you can see a majority of them are basically all the same thing basically do the same thing some have other features better features than others and better software it's just finding which one you like the best because they all process basically the same thing some might have more outputs than others but there's not a big difference between all of them.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...