Taramps Smart Bass 3k or Bass 5k for AB Hawk 1244s

NobleClo

CarAudio.com Newbie
Which one would be better for 2 American bass 1244 Hawks. RMS 1500, 3k Peak on each sub.

Ported Box.

Not worried about electrical issues. Just want to know what will power it the safest on high/max volume and not blow the damn things. I want to make the most out of them, so if the 3k can max them out at high volumes safely I would prefer that. However, I do not want to make them under perform.

Thanks.

If you are new, stick with the 3k. That 5k will eat those subs quick if you are not careful.

Well I have a buddy who does comps and is what I would consider a professional. He would setup everything for me and tune it right on the stereo/amp etc. So all I'd really need to do is control the volume. So like I said I'd just want to be able to play high/max volumes. Though thank you for the response I will keep this in mind too.

What does your Buddy that does Comps suggest?? Whats the budget on a sub amp? Out of the two mentioned.. I would go with 5k with Head room as stated. Its hard on an amp of equal power to run for long periods of time and stay running cool and working hard to keep up. Head room is a bit easier on the amplifier and not to struggle with the continious power out put as long as you feed the supply for the demand and keep it running cool

What does your Buddy that does Comps suggest?? Whats the budget on a sub amp? Out of the two mentioned.. I would go with 5k with Head room as stated. Its hard on an amp of equal power to run for long periods of time and stay running cool and working hard to keep up. Head room is a bit easier on the amplifier and not to struggle with the continious power out put as long as you feed the supply for the demand and keep it running cool

Thank you for the insight. He said that either would work well. 5k has more room for adjusment. Though he said it would obviously cost more to do. He has no issue tuning it properly for me etc. I wanted more opinions as insight from other pros is great too. I'd prefer not paying more than 600 for an amp. So max I'd go for is the smart 5k. Though I may just get a bass 5k since most seem to agree with the extra headroom. Smart5k is like an extra 150$ from the Bass 5k.

Also if tuned properly I shouldn't need to worry about blowing the speakers huh. Ig I am leaning towards the 5k then.

Also if tuned properly I shouldn't need to worry about blowing the speakers huh. Ig I am leaning towards the 5k then.

Personally, I would get this amp. It also comes with a bass knob with a clip light. I like Sundown over Taramps. The company and the warranty.

Screenshot_20221003-222030_Chrome.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...