Amp wiring

adulbrich

Lock up your grandmothers!
5,000+ posts
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
Get a single channel amp. Multiple subs can be wired to one channel. That's what most people do.

Single channel amps are cheaper power for the money than multichannel amps. Also, unnecessary to wire subs to multiple channels. If they're in the same box, it would actually be a bad idea to wire them on separate channels. Like higher frequencies, low frequencies may not be balanced between the left and right channels.

adulbrich

5,000+ posts
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
And it will run 4 12 subs without over heating
Depends on the amp and subs.

Monoblock car audio amps are *typically* 1 or 2 ohm stable. Would need to know what subs/amp to tell you how to wire them.

Overheating is typically caused by "pushing the amp too hard". Setting the gain dial too high for your signal input results in what is called "clipping".

metalheadjoe

10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
ND
Damn dude. Do some research or have it professionally installed. Not trying to be a prick, but your questions suggest you shouldn't try doing it yourself until you do some learning.

Reactions: Slo_Ride

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Damn dude. Do some research or have it professionally installed. Not trying to be a prick, but your questions suggest you shouldn't try doing it yourself until you do some learning.
I was gonna post the same thing after reading this thread

fjack

CarAudio.com Recruit
Oct 21, 2021
New York
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Depends on the amp and subs.

Monoblock car audio amps are *typically* 1 or 2 ohm stable. Would need to know what subs/amp to tell you how to wire them.

Overheating is typically caused by "pushing the amp too hard". Setting the gain dial too high for your signal input results in what is called "clipping".
They are four 12's in two boxes and they are 2 ohm

fjack

CarAudio.com Recruit
Oct 21, 2021
New York
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok I'm doing research right now I thought and I don't have cash to have it professionally done

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
It's kinda the purpose of this forum. To ask questions and get help
Dude would of been absolutely crucified back in the day. You search, you read, you learn, then you ask questions. The OG's would of murdered this dude and I'm super nice these does so...

adulbrich

5,000+ posts
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
Dude would of been absolutely crucified back in the day. You search, you read, you learn, then you ask questions. The OG's would of murdered this dude and I'm super nice these does so...
Does the search function work now? It didn't used to.

I'm not busy right now. Avoiding HW, lol. I don't mind helping.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Does the search function work now? It didn't used to.

I'm not busy right now. Avoiding HW, lol. I don't mind helping.
I have no idea. I have no need for it so I haven't used it in years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds