Whole system stops working no blown fuse

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sbedier

CarAudio.com Newbie
Utah
I recently bought a truck that had a system professionally installed, however the shop wants me to pay for them to diagnose and I don’t want to pay them lol..
System worked fine for the first 3 months of me owning it but now,
The problem I’m having is the whole systems shuts off randomly, just sound (the headunit still functions properly) and it would reset itself and work after 10 min or so, then it wouldn’t have sound at all. So I checked the fuse and it looked fine but I replaced anyway to double check. New fuse fixed the issue but a couple days later, same issue. The fuse itself isn’t blown and from the research I’ve done says the fuse needs to be a little more, but without it blowing idk if that’s my issue
My system is 2 10s unknown brand
100 amp ANL fuse close to the battery
Kenwood dnx696s headunit
Kenwood xr901-5 amp
Wiring is 4 awg high current wiring that’s all I know
Any help would be much appreciated!!! Sorry for the long post

Last edited:
My first question is why do you think the shop should diagnose it for free?

If the whole system is powered by a single amp, I'd start there. Does the amp shut down when you lose sound?

Great question, sorry should have been more specific. System was installed with paperwork less than 5 months ago.. I figured that, with it being not too long ago and nothing having changed on the truck that they would stand behind their work and at least look at it, but maybe I’m wrong. Never dealt with these guys before
So I went and looked at the amp, (didn’t even cross my mind to check it) and there was a loose ground wire, simple fix and it works fine.. I thought it had something to do with the fuse since it started working again when I replaced it. I’m new to the car audio world haha Thanks for the help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...