Amp to power JL 10"

Participant count
  • Participant list

osupur8800

Ohio
I am going to buy one JL audio 10" sub for my truck and was wondering what a good affordable amp would be right for my setup.

The sub is the JL 10w0v3-4 rated at 300w rms. I'm pretty sure it is a SVC 4ohm sub.

I have had a couple of systems (Rockford, kicker) over the years, but now just want something to beef up my Rockford system in my new Titan. Right now I am running one of my old kickers in a sealed box under the back seat with an extremely crappy pyramid amp. I almost cannot tell the difference when I turn the sub on because the Rockford system is so good.

I am looking to spend 100-150 on a decent amp that will power this sub. I would appreciate some suggestions on Amps as well as if it is better to do a mono or 2 channel bridged.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks. So the first guy suggested a mono and you suggested a 2 channel. What is preferred for a single sub and why? And does it really make a big difference.

Thanks. So the first guy suggested a mono and you suggested a 2 channel. What is preferred for a single sub and why? And does it really make a big difference.
Not sure what mono amp was suggested to you, yet,I am recommending 2 ch Class A/B amplifiers that can be bridged to run 4 ohm stable,and clean less distorted power,for your sub that needs power@ 4ohms.These I am recommending are under rated,that were rated on the 12v specs, and newer amps are rated @14.4v in most cases.These amps will deliver more rms that the specs state, thus leaving you with some Head room,that can also be utilized as a front staging amp later on,if you decide to do a larger set up on the subs,and deliver clean low TDH as well.

Soundstream Rubicon RUB1.400|Mono Block Amplifier
This was the amp recommended to me. I have read that mono subs are better if you only plan on running subs with them.
All the amps I have recommended will blow that amp into the dirt..Id honestly grabb up that crossfire, but if you want cheap power,then stick with that SStream Rubicon,at the least, it has a 2yr warranty,and is bnib for you..here is a cheaper price than the one you threw a pic up ofhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/SOUNDSTREAM-RUB1-400-2YR-WRNTY-1-CHANEL-400W-RMS-CLASS-D-MOSFET-POWER-AMPLIFIER-/190816558717?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item2c6d8d9e7d.Im just suggesting some Good Quality/Clean power to make that JL sound nice and clean, and have some power to boot,with a little more head room ,so you dont have to max out the settings to get the rms wattage that the sub needs.http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOUNDSTREAM-RUB1-400-2YR-WRNTY-1-CHANEL-400W-RMS-CLASS-D-MOSFET-POWER-AMPLIFIER-/190816558717?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item2c6d8d9e7d

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.