Amp to match 80rms/170max watts & power reserve

Op, FWIW, alpine, kicker, and RF are like Ford, Chevy, and Dodge.  They're fine, very popular, a lot of people like them, some of their high end stuff is actually pretty impressive.  

Zapco -- more like, Jaguar or maybe BMW.  Their "low-end" offerings aren't low end, and their high end stuff is Elite.

I like to check out woofersetc.com once in a while just to see some of the ridiculous prices of some of the high end amps I'll probably never see.

Tru Tech makes a 200x2 that's $2400. 
Exactly. Zapco = good stuff. The new budget line is Korean like all the other amps nowadays

also love car analogies :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Op, FWIW, alpine, kicker, and RF are like Ford, Chevy, and Dodge.  They're fine, very popular, a lot of people like them, some of their high end stuff is actually pretty impressive.  

Zapco -- more like, Jaguar or maybe BMW.  Their "low-end" offerings aren't low end, and their high end stuff is Elite.

I like to check out woofersetc.com once in a while just to see some of the ridiculous prices of some of the high end amps I'll probably never see.

Tru Tech makes a 200x2 that's $2400. 
Yet another helpful response. This gave me a good picture of what the brand Zapco is. It's strange how a company could make such great products without much noise or discussion (no pun intended, you have to understand where i'm coming from). This only leads me to question What-is-the-catch? There's another user on this topic mentioning I should've known by now what Zapco is known for if I blindly took everything he/she said about them, like as if it's for granted.

Am I not making it clear that providing no-information doesn't cut it out for me? If I don't go with you're suggestion, then it is what it is. But, briefly taking it into account I did do some research and the funniest thing is the first information I got was their products are manufactured in China. Maybe everything i've mentioned on Crutchfield does come from China also; but again, it comes from a reputable source. I thought i'd mention this to end any harsh feelings ☠️

My only assumption as to why great products in the audio-industry don't get the limelight as to other stuff that are receiving all the appraise is the very same reason why 5-star movies continue to stay on the top of your popular video-streaming service(s). Youdoofus (no pun intended), maybe you need to treat others like as if you're a top-notch seller and you want me to get Zapco ? instead of not helping me out. A sales associate wouldn't argue anything that'll make the consumer feel uncomfortable, Thank-You.

Yet another helpful response. This gave me a good picture of what the brand Zapco is. It's strange how a company could make such great products without much noise or discussion (no pun intended, you have to understand where i'm coming from). This only leads me to question What-is-the-catch? There's another user on this topic mentioning I should've known by now what Zapco is known for if I blindly took everything he/she said about them, like as if it's for granted.

Am I not making it clear that providing no-information doesn't cut it out for me? If I don't go with you're suggestion, then it is what it is. But, briefly taking it into account I did do some research and the funniest thing is the first information I got was their products are manufactured in China. Maybe everything i've mentioned on Crutchfield does come from China also; but again, it comes from a reputable source. I thought i'd mention this to end any harsh feelings ☠️

My only assumption as to why great products in the audio-industry don't get the limelight as to other stuff that are receiving all the appraise is the very same reason why 5-star movies continue to stay on the top of your popular video-streaming service(s). Youdoofus (no pun intended), maybe you need to treat others like as if you're a top-notch seller and you want me to get Zapco ? instead of not helping me out. A sales associate wouldn't argue anything that'll make the consumer feel uncomfortable, Thank-You.
sooooo, i guess a 3 paragraph diatribe was a better option than simply googling. whatever man. ill throw you a bone for future reference...

http://bfy.tw/KBxC

id get this and bridge it.  ive been using Crutchfield and RF amps for decades.  zero problems so far

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575R250X4/Rockford-Fosgate-R250X4.html?tp=35782
Very interesting! 4-channels have bridge mode so since i'm use 2-speakers bridge each channel and I get a higher wattage which would be stable at 4-ohms. Is there any more head room with bridged mode wattages, because i'm guessing there isn't any ?. It would be striking if everyone went this route and saved couple hundred of dollars this way, that's why i'm asking.

Comparing this to the Audio Control amp that I have my eyes on is that Audio Control amp's bridged mode would be way too much wattage for my 80rms speakers (I plan to stay at ~125rms below peak 170w).

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting! 4-channels have bridge mode so since i'm use 2-speakers bridge each channel and I get a higher wattage which would be stable at 4-ohms. Is there any more head room with bridged mode wattages, because i'm guessing there isn't any ?. It would be striking if everyone went this route and saved couple hundred of dollars this way, that's why i'm asking.

Comparing this to the Audio Control amp that I have my eyes on is that Audio Control amp's bridged mode would be way too much wattage for my 80rms speakers (I plan to stay at ~125rms below peak 170w).
there really isnt such a thing as too much power unless youre being absolutely absurd about it such as 2k watts to a 160 rms speaker

there really isnt such a thing as too much power unless youre being absolutely absurd about it such as 2k watts to a 160 rms speaker
I think the trick is finding the sweet spot between more than enough and too much.  Just because the amp can put out a gagillion Watts, doesn’t mean you have to use it all. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.