Participant count
  • Participant list

brady-lamb-ctfb
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I used the steps for setting sub amp from this link

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164826&highlight=sqrt

The Step 4

The gain setting went fine but the subsonic filter i had some issues with... i couldnt get the desired voltage... it was out of range... since i couldnt reach the rite number i started just turning it up and down and i noticed that the amp started clicking??? so i turned it clockwise untill it stopped clicking then i gave it 1 more 1/8 turn clockwise to make sure nothing was gonna happen...

for the lpf i just gave it a little less quarter turn clockwise and the phase i set to about 90

systems workin fine just doesnt sound as loud as it should... i got a Ia40.1 wired to 2 Kicker L5's wired to 4 ohms and im pushin 1260 watts to them so i was just wonderin if theres something i did wrong or if its just cuz my subs are *****... so i was thinkin about gettin a different sub cuz im not satisfied so if ya need more info just ask n if ya got ne input plz let me know thanks

alrite so i thot that i had no worries about it all and listened to it for about a half hour and full power 1260 watts and my subs started smellin really really bad so but amp was still cold as ice so i think i got the settings a lil messed up ne ideas?? im messin wit them constantly now so let me know what ya think

no sh.it i did the subsonic fulter and gain wit subs disconnected u moron never said they were hooked in thats kinda of a give-me..... and yea the ia40.1 is 900 watts at 4 ohms but the thang is handlin 1260 ez

and i got everything figured out now no problems

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.