Amp problem? Sub problem? I DON'T KNOW!!! Help!

Sorry. I am getting ALMOST no sound from the sub. What's coming through is the music. It's just very faint.

-I have tried adjusting the gain and have tried it with the low pass filter both on and off.

-I can hear the subwoofer from the driver's seat with the subwoofer controls on the head unit as loud as possible but what I hear then is a weak, lame sounding thump that was slightly out of phase with the rest of the music.

-The JL Audio website has a very specific blueprint with materials and dimensions for the box they recommend for this sub so I made it myself.

-If an additional amp is the answer, I will get one that will give it as close to 300w as possible.

-The sub is new.

Thanks. I really appreciate all this help.

dont go an crank your gain to max it will destroy your sub you could check out amazon an look for a amp that will do 250-300 rms at 4ohms (also when you get done go have your amp gains set properly 5-10$)

MRP-M500 - Alpine Monoblock

Power Acoustik GT1-1000

Sorry. I am getting ALMOST no sound from the sub. What's coming through is the music. It's just very faint. -I have tried adjusting the gain and have tried it with the low pass filter both on and off.

-I can hear the subwoofer from the driver's seat with the subwoofer controls on the head unit as loud as possible but what I hear then is a weak, lame sounding thump that was slightly out of phase with the rest of the music.

-The JL Audio website has a very specific blueprint with materials and dimensions for the box they recommend for this sub so I made it myself.

-If an additional amp is the answer, I will get one that will give it as close to 300w as possible.

-The sub is new.

Thanks. I really appreciate all this help.
Music shouldn't be coming through the sub. You could possibly have the high pass filter on l ike mofoman suggested. Make sure your amplifier is set for low pass filter. Can you post the specs of your amp. I was having trouble finding that exact amplifier model when i googled it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.