Amp power question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

ForesterPete

Umm is this thing on?!?
Ok so I have a JL 1000/1 amp. Everything is hooked up correctly, double and triple checked it. Ok so here's the question. Should of any voltage be read at the +/- speaker terminals with the amp/ car shut off?

Right now I'm reading .038v at the speaker terminals with the amp off (power light is off). The reason I ask is because one day I came out to a dead battery in my forester. Now it was a very ****** battery one of the cheepies from Walmart but it was only 2 months old. I had the battery tested and it was still good, never the less I replaced it with a die hard gold battery and i also installed a 200a breaker so I could easily kill the main power to the amp. So back to the question should I be reading anything on the amp with the power off?!?

The way RIPs works

It stores power in caps to have it on hand when the voltage drops. You may be reading some bleed off. Test it again after it's been sitting for a while.

I don't think that's the reason for your issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.