Amp power question?

100%. Your amps and speaker ratings are almost always going to be off by more than 5-10watts. RMS numbers are basically the ideal medium when you calculate power and signal quality. Definitely don't need to be exact, and they always end in 5 or 0 because they round and it's easier. Most speakers have a RMS range, but the way it's universally rated, they just give you one number. Even 10% up or down is right there.

Is it ok to use a 4 channel amp that’s rated 5-10 watts rms higher than the speakers rms?
Absolutely. I like to have approx 50rms -100 rms on top of rms rated on speakers. Tune properly and you will be just fine. Its like a Horse man. You can run all day or stride.

If you can spend the extra $30-60 bucks on more power on tap rather than right at or below a speakers rms range its well worth it. Keep your amp from working its azz off and run cooler and lasting much longer to serve usually with a decently made amp

I currently have a Mosconi Pico 2 powering my factory subwoofer, and Rockford Fosgate sail panel tweeters. I just ordered the Sony XM-GS4 for my Focal door speakers.

I currently have a Mosconi Pico 2 powering my factory subwoofer, and Rockford Fosgate sail panel tweeters. I just ordered the Sony XM-GS4 for my Focal door speakers.
Should sound really nice man. Are you doing any door treatments? A little goes a long way, and much easier when door panels are off

I put the Dynamat extreme speaker stuff behind all the door speakers, and might put speaker baffles in sometime in the near future.
If you do use speaker baffles.. I recommend the plastic ones rather than the foam ones, and drill a 1/4" hole at the bottom of it in the back for any moisture drainage. Xscorpian make some decent ones that are inexpensive and work great from my experiencing that can be found on Ebay for a pair

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...