Amp has Power.. Subs Dont?

Fayrick

Hey Guys, New Here, Having some trouble.

I got a RSD 600.1 Monoblock Amp for Christmas

Stats:

Class D Monoblock Amp

Output-400W RMS @ 4 ohms

Signal to noise-82 dBA

Frequency Response- 10Hz to 300Hz

etc.

Me and My dad hooked it up last night in place of my old amp.. ( Old and Weak Clarion 250 watt amp)

Before we installed the new amp my subs were not working, they worked fine until one day they stopped working out of no where.. and from then on they would periodically come on on lower volumes and once turned up they would stop working, i have 2 Clarion 10 inch subs behind the seats in my truck and i found it wierd that both would work and stop working at the same time, so... i assumed my old amp had blown. So i got a new one for christmas, me and my dad installed my new deck and amp last night and now the subs still dont work, the lights on the amp go on as soon as the deck turns on so it is recieving power, but there is no output to the subs, because my subs had a chance of being blown me and my dad hooked up a speaker to the amp in place of the sub, and it did not work either... My dad is a mechanic and has been for his whole life, so its not like he is mechanically useless.. but we cannot figure it out. Any Suggestions?

1. dont make the same post 5 times

2. get a multimeter and see what the impedance is on each coil. if its 0 or infinite, the sub is blown.

3. grab any speaker (not a tweeter) and hook that up to the amp and see what happens

from the sounds of it, the subs are blown

Could be a lot of things..check your grounds and make sure they're metal to metal and not over paint or something like that. Check RCA's and wires for cuts and bare spots.

Try a different signal source. It sounds like either your HU or RCA's have gone bad. If the amp has power and is turning on that means your main power and remote wires are ok. Also could be a connection issue somewhere between the amp and subs but that sounds less likely.

Hooked up the one sub to my moms amp in her car and it worked... might try returning the amp i got for xmas..
If the amp worked on her subs, but not yours its in your wiring. Its not your power and ground as the amp turns on fine. It can only be your headunit wiring or RCA's. Your headunit may just need some tweaking and the subs may be set off by default depending on what brand headunit it is. What brand and model is it?

Hooked up the one sub to my moms amp in her car and it worked... might try returning the amp i got for xmas..
Did you even bother reading my post? If your previous amp did the same thing I doubt the new one is defective...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.