amp and sub matches that are good

should be like xmas today after the mail runs. the ct amp and most of the other goodies should be in today. waiting for the alternator, hopefully soon. if it doesnt rain this whole weekend again, i should be able to start the big 3 and maybe go ahead and run the power and redo the ground wires. the other sub should also be here today. my only concern is getting to the tension arm for the alternator. looks like i may have to drill a hole to get a t50 onto it. dont know if i could get a wedge bar in there or not,, its tight. may also have to cut into the grommet some more to pull the new 0 gauge through the same hole as the 4 gauge. thinking of running the 6 channel rcas also, i already have 3 3ft rca extensions if i need them for new amp rack. if i can manage it, i ordered some abs plastic board to maybe mount the amps behind sub box to save on running long lengths of cable.

all subs in, 6.5's in , amps in, dist blocks in,fuses in, terminals in. still need 0 gauge to come in and alternator and sub box, plus a couple of inlines and then i should be ready to start. also ordered some more carpet and some killz mat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    908.6 KB · Views: 14
Looks like you are going to be busy soon. Just take your time, and make solid connections and make sure there are no loose strands.You can use Ferrule connections to keep it clean and heat shrink to look really nice. Not necessary, but make great connections and a clean look also to use on the amplifiers also and use on subs. Just a recommendation /not necessary

That look like a pile joy ya got there Watcher 😍

Thanks for posting that link audiobahn...I may have ordered one 😳🤣
I prob have two or 3 different kits still boxed up more than likely. There are cheaper kits out there.
Watcher deff going to be busy soon. He has some nice goods for sure for the money.Very Nice

That kit looked good...had a wire popped out the push terminal on my sub this morning when I moved it...so that was right on time...luckily everything was powered off at the time 🙈

yes, i went ahead and ordered the sub box yesterday . glue it and screw it kit( dual 10's high output) but instead of mdf, i went with the 13 ply birch, that way, i can either carpet it or stain it. i may have to put the box on a riser so i can get inder the false floor to do the wiring. or i may be able to make some abs plastic frame racks. its all experimental. will have to make new face plate for the new box, but i should still have some mdf left over from the other experimental box. i made it taller and wider but kept it thin.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    861.7 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 12
since the amps will be mounted in the trunk, how much of a cooling factor is it to run it with top off? i think its called naked?? is there a big cooling difference?

has anyone ever used laptop cooling pads to cool their amps? can you snip the end of of the usb wire and wire it one wire hot and the other ground? seems to be a good mod, it gives me a base to set it on and also comes prelit, so it saves me some time , also they have some decent fans already installed.

maybe a 12v to 5v step down converter, wired into a fused block? i know someone here has probably done this before. i would like to know how it was wired and to what . it just seems to be easier to do that because i get multy fans and led all in one prebuilt housing. i could put one on each amplifier and then mount that to an amp rack.

are there any voltage and wattage meters similar to the smd meters, that dont cost an arm and a leg .he cant be the only one putting them out. he may have his own shop but there has to be someone else that has made some. if thats the case, then i need to learn to make some and get in on the market.

yes, i went ahead and ordered the sub box yesterday . glue it and screw it kit( dual 10's high output) but instead of mdf, i went with the 13 ply birch, that way, i can either carpet it or stain it. i may have to put the box on a riser so i can get inder the false floor to do the wiring. or i may be able to make some abs plastic frame racks. its all experimental. will have to make new face plate for the new box, but i should still have some mdf left over from the other experimental box. i made it taller and wider but kept it thin.
First Pic.. I see some Azz of some rear deck speakers that need to be capped off.Those XFL subs will push those cones beyond max and will destroy them. If you going to keep them.. and use them.. make some caps from plywood or MDF and seal them off from the trunk air space to keep them alive. 👀 👀

has anyone ever used laptop cooling pads to cool their amps? can you snip the end of of the usb wire and wire it one wire hot and the other ground? seems to be a good mod, it gives me a base to set it on and also comes prelit, so it saves me some time , also they have some decent fans already installed.
Laptop cooling fans will not move enough CFMs to keep up with cooling. Stinger/Xscorpian have some that are like 105CFM that I would look into for the money

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...