American bass or sundown

Karas
10+ year member

CTP, MI
Alright so i'm going to do a small build, just a single 12" or 15" but I need opinions on choosing between a sundown SA or American bass XFL. I can get a XFL 15" for the price of a sundown SA 12" and considering the XFL has a bigger coil, and more motor force I feel it would be a dumb move to go towards the SA.

Also, recommendations on a good 1k-1.5k budget amps would be nice. Looking at the precision power black ice bk1500.1d for now.

The xfl sub imo.The ppi black ice amps do ok also.I just sold a 1300.1 and it put out good power.Heavy lil amp or a vfl 100.Either way i think you'd be ok on that sub.

Thanks for all of your advice, is there any really good deals for a vfl 100.1? i'm trying to stay under 300$'s for an amp

As far as quality goes, Sundown all the way. But in your situation, the XFL will out do the SA line for sure in terms of output. But they really aren't in the same power class.

As far as quality goes, Sundown all the way. But in your situation, the XFL will out do the SA line for sure in terms of output. But they really aren't in the same power class.
Thank you Tenacious for your recommendation i'll definitely check out all of those possible amps! Buck which one do you think will smash the lows? I personally think a 15" xfl with a 1,500w amp would be best. But I will have to get a battery though and put down more money sadly lol. also this will be going in the back of a small 2004 Saturn ion if that matters. I could see a 12" being more efficient with the size trunk I have

The 4480 and a xfl 12 would run you a bit over 530 shipped and would slam in your car. But you still need a custom ported box
So do you think I should go with a 12" for my car? I am trying my best to stay under 700$'s and I was thinking 200$ for sub, 200$ for amp, 100$'s on box (I think it was around 70$'s) 100$ for headunit and if I need to spend some extra to get a battery or the big 3 i'll do it. I just can't figure out a nice budget amp under 200$'s that'll do me well

I run a sa 12 in my suburban in a custom ported box and it slams. i love it. Has great sound quality and its plenty loud for me
What amp did you use to power it? I think if I get a 12" i'll go with the SA but if I get the 15" might as well get the xfl for same price

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.