Am I set up to 1 ohm ?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I followed the drawing I posted and it sounds pretty good but will have to test tomorrow. I had it set up like audiobahn posted in the link but the ohm reader was reading 3.5 ohms so I had to look further .
That's why knowing specifics would help, then we'd be able to determine if you can even run 1ohm with those subs.

You stated you had 2 dvc 12" subs. What does the manufacturer state these voice coils are supposed to be? Dual 4 ohm / Dual 2 ohm / Dual 1 ohm?

You can't find them on the Rockford website - too old but I read online that you can set up to 2 ohms so if I understand this correctly 2 subs each at 2 ohms coverts to 1 ohm , correct me if I am wrong and I will post sub specs in a minute

That's why knowing specifics would help, then we'd be able to determine if you can even run 1ohm with those subs.
You stated you had 2 dvc 12" subs. What does the manufacturer state these voice coils are supposed to be? Dual 4 ohm / Dual 2 ohm / Dual 1 ohm?
ya i even asked him if they were dual 4 ohm.

that is the key question here

dual 4 dual 2 or dual 1 ohm subs?

There it is - so it will drop to 1 ohm. It should be good. I've been rocking many subs but always 1 sub for many years and just now got back into 2 . It's like starting all over for me .

2 dual 4 ohm subs at the amp sees a 1 ohm load. 2 dual 2 ohm subs sees a .5 ohm load

and i think 2 dual 1 ohms are a .25 ohm load.
If ran all parallel //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You could always run the coils in series, then the drivers in parallel. That's what I'm going to do with mine. Got 4 D2's, so gonna jump em up to 4 at the driver by running the coils in series, then parallel the drivers back down to 1 ohm. Then if I feel crazy can drop down to .25, but would need some serious electrical for that!!!

Or you could run the whole thing series, but that'd be pointless.

Got it and this will allow my amp to push an additional 200 watts - this should help rattle my brains just a little more , lol

It's beating pretty hard now - it got dark out here though so couldn't mess with it much longer. It usually takes me a couple of weeks of daily adjusting and tweaking to get it where I need it .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.