Am I set up to 1 ohm ?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Both speakers have 3.5 ohms together, they are wired together so when I test the terminal I get a 3.5 ohm reading.

dual 4 ohm subs?

on 1 sub , connect the pos to the other pos and neg to the other neg. you should then have 1 wire from the pos and 1 wire from the neg connecting to the terminal of the box.

do that for both subs. test the terminals you should see a 2 ohm reading. 2 dual 4 ohms wirted that will with show 2 ohms at each sub which will then be seen as 1 ohm at the amp.

Ohms are determined by either running in parallel or in series.

Parallel = Positive to Positive

Series = Positive to Negative

When running parallel you cut the ohms in half.

When running in series you double the ohms.

When you have multiple voice coils, and multiple drivers, you can combine parallel and series configurations until you get your desired result.

Without specifics on your driver we can not help you, can you post a link to the product page?

-------------------------

Looks like I'm a little slow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Nice!! If you cant find a way to wire some subs up off here..you got problems..lol..I cant believe there isnt a sticky for wiring configurations on here

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Pics!!

Seems to sound louder , this is supposed to take it from 400rms at 4ohm to 600rms at 1 ohm . I'll test tomorrow with ohm meter .

Audiobahn, your drawing is for a monoblock amp? The drawing I put up seems to suit my needs. I have 2 12"s HE2 RFP4212 which are DVC 400rms @ 4ohms.

Ohms are determined by either running in parallel or in series.
Parallel = Positive to Positive

Series = Positive to Negative

When running parallel you cut the ohms in half.

When running in series you double the ohms.

When you have multiple voice coils, and multiple drivers, you can combine parallel and series configurations until you get your desired result.

Without specifics on your driver we can not help you, can you post a link to the product page?

-------------------------

Looks like I'm a little slow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I followed the drawing I posted and it sounds pretty good but will have to test tomorrow. I had it set up like audiobahn posted in the link but the ohm reader was reading 3.5 ohms so I had to look further .

Wait, it's the same thing, lol - so I should be good now. It ***** doing everything in short spurts. I was just out there with a flashlight in the dark, lol. Think it's good though, I'll update tomorrow

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.