Alternator noise coming from current wiring?

Participant count
  • Participants list

frow2

2002 Ford Taurus SE

Kenwood KDC-X493 HU - JBL GTO7001 mono 700W RMS - 2x JBL CS1014 10" Subs (bridged) - Rockford Fosgate 400.4 4x50 amp (for speakers)

Just hooked up this amp (Rfg 400.4) I got from this chick on craigslist after having my Sony xplode "walmart special" actually explode; and I am getting serious alternator noise. Done all the troubleshooting (well most of it) and even had some tech look, well listen to it at stereo warehouse. He said its not a ground... so could it mabye be interference coming from that I have 2 8g power wires running from my battery to a middle rubber plug, then I have them stretching up and over the gas pedal and snaking through wires and then down to the e-brake and then carpet.?

btw... this is just my temporary setup, for I do plan on running a 4g to a distrobution block inside the firewall(but dont have the money for the 100a fuse).

included pictures.. crappy, but k. btw the gas pedal one is upside down.

Thanks

-Neil //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.