Alpines Beemer was at my WORK!!!!!!

I guess you have no clue who built that car...
They've built AMAZING cars...better then just about everyone in the industry...

a statement piece...yes it's that.....

I've sat in the M3 and the X5 ....which the X5 was supposed to be their best SQ car to date and it was OK sounding at best...

Steve Brown can build one hell of a show car...But doesn't hold a candle to Brian Schmidt, and guys like Gary Biggs, Steve Head and Joe Moreia who can make statement pieces which sound fantastic....

I agree...they went to far this time and hope they do better next year

In German, the acronym BMW is pronounced "beh emm veh". This is often pronounced as one word. In North America, BMW automobiles are referred to as "bimmers", "beemers" or beamers". In some English-speaking countries "beemers" may refer to both automobiles and motorcycles. In the United Kingdom the abbreviation 'BM' is widely used. In the rest of the world mainly the pronunciation "bee emm double-u" is used.

Interestingly, in the German language, the correct pronunciation of the term "bimmer" is "beemer."

pwned2.jpg

The acronym standing for Bavarian Motor Works, obviously, is BMW and consequently is the marque found on the products of said company.
Let's analyze that for a moment...

The first letter...."B."

Normally pronounced Bee.

Hence the more commonly seen "Beemer" when using the common slang terminology regarding these particular automobiles.

They are Bee-Em-Double-Us. Not Bi-Em-Double-Us.

Considering it is slang in the first place I would suggest there is no "correct" way to spell it.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

/rant.
Wrong

Bimmer is a BMW car, Beemer is a BMW motorcycle

/discussion

Not trying to doubt your story but I just looked at you companies website and it doesn't mention anything about working on that demo car. So I went back to Alpines page and it doesn't mention you guy's either. It does however say on the front page "The entire interior and exterior of the car were completely custom-built in house at the Alpine R&D facility ". Now it says they built the interior, but does not say they installed the speakers. But i'm just wondering why they would do all that work then ship it out for someone else to do the easy part? Plus there are speakers installed in the pictures during the build process at Alpine's R&D center.

Still ugly to me no matter how it sounds. Like I say I respect the thought and manhours put into this ride, but sometimes going over the top is not always the best thing to get the shock and awe of the people at shows. Just my opinion, but I think they could do better. My suggestion would be not to overkill something.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.