Alpines Beemer was at my WORK!!!!!!

wow i was talking to a co-worker of mine here at work and he told me that his cousin was one of three people who worked on this car. kind of cool. my co-worker actually saw this car and told me about the little swivel seat in the car. pretty neat. the guy's name is gary bell.

Ha ha ha, Kinda funny to read this a couple years later........... The truth is .......... We did use the bay at ABT electronics to replace some prototype gear that was in there for CES that was having some issues....we did have our own crew, but still they were nice to let us use their bay!!! (and they have a kick ass store!!!!)............ So I have to hate on that haters that say this guys was lying!........... Say what you will about the car........ It was built to draw attention to it at shows.............and that it did....... And for most of you who have never sat in the car ........... Don't tell me it didn't sound good........ let me see ...... a good set of speakers in a MTM up front...... all Vifa / Scan / Alpine stuff ..in enclosures..... On axis....... with you sitting directly in the middle........5.1 surround........... 8000 watts on 4 12" drivers............ with 701 proc...... yea that sounds horrible compared to your door speakers....... lol........... You guys are funny...... For an open air car..... I have not heard something that sounded better.........

Gary Bell posts here? Wow.

We did part of the install and put the majority of the speakers in so I guess we were changing some of them out because they blew or somethin'
This is what people, like me, are saying is BS.. And I think you just confirmed it by saying you had your own crew and was swapping out temp equipment.

Ha ha ha, Kinda funny to read this a couple years later........... The truth is .......... We did use the bay at ABT electronics to replace some prototype gear that was in there for CES that was having some issues....we did have our own crew, but still they were nice to let us use their bay!!! (and they have a kick ass store!!!!)............ So I have to hate on that haters that say this guys was lying!........... Say what you will about the car........ It was built to draw attention to it at shows.............and that it did....... And for most of you who have never sat in the car ........... Don't tell me it didn't sound good........ let me see ...... a good set of speakers in a MTM up front...... all Vifa / Scan / Alpine stuff ..in enclosures..... On axis....... with you sitting directly in the middle........5.1 surround........... 8000 watts on 4 12" drivers............ with 701 proc...... yea that sounds horrible compared to your door speakers....... lol........... You guys are funny...... For an open air car..... I have not heard something that sounded better.........
Like I said, I can respect the man hours that went into this and is obvious you guys have uber skillz, but IMO still is ugly as butt! Sorry to offend you if I did, but just one mans opinion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I never said it sounded like ****, how would I know? Never heard it.....so never commented on that. They guy James Bang talking crap about how craptastic this should sound talks **** on everyones ride if their install isn't just like his. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Guy is a fawking tool, so good luck with trying to speak sense into him.

Not to mention, he knows excatly what it would sound like, because I am sure he has heard it.

Nice job on the car though. Your work is amazing, just not feeling the layout of the ride is all.

Nice job on the car though. Your work is amazing, just not feeling the layout of the ride is all.

It's not like I would want to roll that thing either //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Just something that makes people stop when they are walking around a crowded show....

Now the RLS on the other hand............ That I would drive to the store!

Is there a reason you waited 2.5 years to come bump this thread to 'hate on the haters'? Does it really matter what some guys on the internet said about the car, years ago?

Im not a fan of the car either. I understand the concept of show cars, but imo Alpine is losing touch with their customer base. I prefer seeing a show car where I can say 'wow I want to go home and do that with my ride (or install)'. Not 'wow, I cant even find the steering wheel in this thing'.

Awesome work? Obviously. Attention getter? Sure. But make me want to run out and purchase Alpine gear? Not really. And now that everyone and their brother build 'show vehicles' like this for SBN etc, this design idea doesn't even stand out from the crowd anymore. Alpine has sort of been the trend setter on the show vehicle circuit lately. Id like to see them set the trend of making more realisitic and real-world show vehicles for real-world consumers with real-world ideas for their own systems.

Well.

This thread's old, but I guess I'm the exception here when I say that car is sweet o_O

It's not how I would do it... but it's so.. unique. 'Tis awesome.

Except the interior looks uncomfortable. And there's no seat for the girl.

Well since I haven't been here in years and see that you guys all doubted me.......

You guys are all ****ers. And the person who said I posted that I use to work at Tweeter....No **** dip-**** I worked there before I got a job at Abt. Your logic astounds me.

So +1 for me and -1 for ya'll who doubted me. **** it feels good to be right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.