Alpines Beemer was at my WORK!!!!!!

i think it is awesome.. you all are just jealous, arrogant fools who wish their rust bucket could amount to something of that perfection //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Perfection to me does not equate to complete impossibility to remain unnoticed. Perfection to me does not mean something that people are going to congregate around and want to look at, put their hands on, discuss, etc. Perfection to me does not equate to something that is a complete and utter bastardization of the vehicle that it began with.
I respect the monstrous amounts of work, the ludicrous number of manhours, and the art involved in all that custom fabrication. Why is it, then, that not finding the end result particularly impressive overall must mean that I am jealous, arrogant, and foolish? That assumption inandofitself is purely moronic.

Pfft.

It's ass ugly.

/story.

P.S. ~ I'm am neither jealous nor arrogant. Jealousy would imply being upset that it isn't mine. That is simply not the case here. Additionally? I drive a Geo ~ not much room for arrogance there, fella //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

i think the outside looks awesome, but i wouldnt have painted it like that

the inside looks fukin stupid, somethin a 5 year old would want

they should make a show car out of somethin like this, but dont cut it all up and put a system in it that we would like, not what some 5 year old kid would want //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

0312sc_64chevelle_03_z.jpg

apparently their target market is the west coast customs crowd, not the people who want to tastefully beef up their system

and 5 year olds, maybe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i respect the idea that they TRIED to make it look cool but alpine is disrespecting themselves for putting their name on it. if i was alpine i would've looked at the end result and said "ugggh what the hell is that.. you guys can keep the beemer and audio equipment, just please dont put our name on that." that would've been the smart thing for alpine to do.

Please review my previous post:

The acronym standing for Bavarian Motor Works, obviously, is BMW and consequently is the marque found on the products of said company.
Let's analyze that for a moment...

The first letter...."B."

Normally pronounced Bee.

Hence the more commonly seen "Beemer" when using the common slang terminology regarding these particular automobiles.

They are Bee-Em-Double-Us. Not Bi-Em-Double-Us.

Considering it is slang in the first place I would suggest there is no "correct" way to spell it.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

/rant.

To look ugly is one thing, to some people it may be appealing. I for one am not one of those people, but the overall appearance is of course subjective. The part that humors me was the sound, in all honesty for the manhours and products put in I expected it to at least sound decent.

It wasn't made to be practical.

Hell, it wasn't made to resemble anything that looks like a car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The work that went into it is amazing...you can call it ugly, tacky, disgusting...but you cannot question the level of work that went into that car, which is absolutely top notch.

i respect the idea that they TRIED to make it look cool but alpine is disrespecting themselves for putting their name on it. if i was alpine i would've looked at the end result and said "ugggh what the hell is that.. you guys can keep the beemer and audio equipment, just please dont put our name on that." that would've been the smart thing for alpine to do.
alpine is huge in the car audio market.

they make some of the best show cars around,

not your the typical show car you see from other brands.

id love to be on a build team for a car like that.

show cars should not just look nice, but also sound nice. IMO i think that satisfies neither. why put soo much money into a project like that, when it'll get eaten up in any type of competition?... other than looks.

show cars should not just look nice, but also sound nice. IMO i think that satisfies neither. why put soo much money into a project like that, when it'll get eaten up in any type of competition?... other than looks.
It wasn't made to be in any type of competition.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.