alpine type r's

thanks for the help guys!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

isn't a jbl 1200.1 way too much power for 2 type r's? correct me if i'm wrong, but unless the subs were wired to 4 ohms each sub would be getting 600 watts (at 2 ohms), right? and that is twice the rms rating for type r's. I ask this question because i was going to get the same setup, only with a jbl 600.1. if the 1200.1 would be better, by all means, let me know.

Be careful though. I have a friend w/ an Alpine 1500 watt amp, and he blows his subs like nothin. and that is only 150 watts more.

Just be cautious. And yeah, they will slam like a ****in sledge hammer, but my diamond's are still louder than his //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D. and i still paid less.

Originally posted by DiamondAudioFan Be careful though. I have a friend w/ an Alpine 1500 watt amp, and he blows his subs like nothin. and that is only 150 watts more.

Just be cautious. And yeah, they will slam like a ****in sledge hammer, but my diamond's are still louder than his //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D. and i still paid less.
Where did you get your diamonds?

would I even be getting the full power out of a 1200.1 with my puny 70 amp alternator? or would it not be enough to justify the difference from a 600.1? I would get the 1200.1, but i don't know how much of the power i would actually be getting. **** hondas.

hey hows the sq on those diamond audio subs?
It's about the best i've heard, but i haven't heard many of the lesser known, but very nice subs. I know that people who have heard Diamond M5's would say that the SQ is just like that of the Type-R or better.

they have great SQ, and decent SPL, but if your an SPL freak they will not blow you away.

a 70 amp alternator itself wont push quite that much power but pretty close i believe. at least not without the help of your battery or a cap. but its pretty close only at very high volume will it be inadequate. you could probably get and upgrade to like 90 or 100, maybe more, for less than 100 bucks.. you might look around and check if you want more amps, if not stick with the one you got

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.