alpine type r?

CEA or not doesn't really matter man. They are solid subs though and will take every last bit of power that brx2400 will throw at it.
Hahaha thanks yea I was just wondering. I like things being cea compliant lol

Must be clipping. Mine never got stinky off an aq2200.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

I think all of alpines lineup is cea compliant.

i like a lot of things that arent CEA compliant that can outright destroy CEA compliant stuff in every possible way lol.
x2. OP, CEA compliance means virtually nothing, it's basically a sticker companies throw on their products to attract less knowledgeable customers by attempting to say 'look at us, our product is proven!'.

You should be able to throw a good amount of power at your Type Rs - if you keep it clean, they should take it fine and will provide decent output and retain musicality in the right enclosure.

CEA compliance confuses me for subs, anyway - I understand it means an amp can make power for compliance, but what does it mean for a sub? That it can take that power?

x2. OP, CEA compliance means virtually nothing, it's basically a sticker companies throw on their products to attract less knowledgeable customers by attempting to say 'look at us, our product is proven!'.
You should be able to throw a good amount of power at your Type Rs - if you keep it clean, they should take it fine and will provide decent output and retain musicality in the right enclosure.

CEA compliance confuses me for subs, anyway - I understand it means an amp can make power for compliance, but what does it mean for a sub? That it can take that power?

Wow thanks for the reply! Yeah it sound great! especially in my tuned box. I just wasn't sure if I would go with another sub that is or not. Just wanting them to last uk?

Wow thanks for the reply! Yeah it sound great! especially in my tuned box. I just wasn't sure if I would go with another sub that is or not. Just wanting them to last uk?
Yup - if you set your gains correctly, you should have nothing to worry about. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.