Alpine type r 15 vs kicker l7 15

I got a 15 L7 in a 4cuft box tubed to 33hz in the trunk of my cavalier wit a 3000w amp on it. The amp is barely turned up. Its pretty loud for 1 sub and doesn't sound too bad. Never heard a 15 type r only a 10. The 10 did pretty good for what it was and the box it was in was pretty big too

I got a 15 L7 in a 4cuft box tubed to 33hz in the trunk of my cavalier wit a 3000w amp on it. The amp is barely turned up. Its pretty loud for 1 sub and doesn't sound too bad. Never heard a 15 type r only a 10. The 10 did pretty good for what it was and the box it was in was pretty big too
You are not running 3k to an L7

Also sacsking is right. As far as the L7 it will probably sound like a turd, they arent known to sound good. May get louder just because of the larger cone, but sound quality wise the R will probably do better.

You are not running 3k to an L7
Also sacsking is right. As far as the L7 it will probably sound like a turd, they arent known to sound good. May get louder just because of the larger cone, but sound quality wise the R will probably do better.
this ^ ...you have beat me in every post all morning lolz

the woofer you have now is better /thread
not for me.... my wife is wanting just sq. my friend has a type r 15 he is selling. he said he would trade her and sell the L7 if we wanted to.

IMO, i dont like the L7s,.... the type r s sound better to me & and they can be loud. just lookn for 2nd opinion.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

but na my AQ, aint going nowere.

See if you can find a W3. They sound really good and get a bit loud. Not type R or L7 loud, but if she wants SQ it cant be beat at that level.
well im kinda trying not to spend money lol... so honestly i prolly will just trade. tho you said the R, isnt really a sq sub. i still think it sounds better. plus she would still be pretty loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.