Alex's Silverado

[quote name='adulbrich']Indeed I do. I just want the most I can possibly get. More is never enough

I'm going to go to bed[/QUOTE]

that means @Souldrop get your *** in bed!
jk take it light man..

it wasnt so much that they were bad, just moreso that other subs sounded better and got louder even tuned higher when used in the same box etc

it wasnt so much that they were bad, just moreso that other subs sounded better and got louder even tuned higher when used in the same box etc
holy shit i told someone here that and they called me crazy! they like smaler higher tuned high port area boxes. BUT NO NO WAY TUNED TO 38 its going to sound right!

who was it that had one and traded for the DP? he was in 4.5 tuned to 32 i told him tune up abit and go smaller.

was it Blowery?

they remind me of the RF power T2s. no thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah will let you have this one paper maker. He had a bigger box tuned low and changing to a 4 cubic feet box tuned to 38hz, he sounded a lot better all around, not to mention a lot louder.
I've got like 40-50 cubes. Would that be enough for 6 18" SP4's???

I just went to a little bass meet tonight and a guy there has 2 SP4 15s in a blow through with 2 Rockford T2000s (soon to be a single 6k). It was in a 98 Chevy ext cab 2 door. It got really really loud. The SP4s sounded good to me. I think he said he meters at around 152. It was one of the loudest 2 15s I've heard. I haven't heard a ton of different brands yet but this sytem put my 4 12s to shame haha.

If you do 6 SP4 18s that is going to kill you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif but I think that's your goal right? Ha

I just went to a little bass meet tonight and a guy there has 2 SP4 15s in a blow through with 2 Rockford T2000s (soon to be a single 6k). It was in a 98 Chevy ext cab 2 door. It got really really loud. The SP4s sounded good to me. I think he said he meters at around 152. It was one of the loudest 2 15s I've heard. I haven't heard a ton of different brands yet but this sytem put my 4 12s to shame haha.
If you do 6 SP4 18s that is going to kill you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif but I think that's your goal right? Ha
Ok, cool. I'm glad you liked the SP4's!

So 6 18" SP4's would get nasty on 28k, right?

Yesterday after school, I gave someone a demo for less than one minute.

I get to school today, and my teacher tells me to go to the office. We go to the office and talk to the principal.

Apparently, a Springfield Police officer heard me yesterday and was super pissed off. He was on the other side of the building, so he didn't actually see my truck. After I left, he asked all the staff members if they knew who it might be. Somebody snitched on me, he accessed the school parking registration records, got my name, license plate number and everything.

The police officer was going to take away my parking pass (so I couldn't drive to school anymore), give me a ticket, and an additional $250 fine. The principal, Ms. Cosbob is really nice, and most of the staff members like me because (believe it or not) I'm actually a good student. I've been student of the month a couple times. They talked the police officer out of everything, saying they'd talk to me and it wouldn't happen again. Ms. Cosbob wasn't mad at me at all and neither were my other two teachers. They just said to keep it down. Got off lucky I guess, but cops lately have been really pissing me off.

I understand why we need cops and stuff, but it's one thing to do your job and another thing to be an ass about it

Yesterday after school, I gave someone a demo for less than one minute.
I get to school today, and my teacher tells me to go to the office. We go to the office and talk to the principal.

Apparently, a Springfield Police officer heard me yesterday and was super pissed off. He was on the other side of the building, so he didn't actually see my truck. After I left, he asked all the staff members if they knew who it might be. Somebody snitched on me, he accessed the school parking registration records, got my name, license plate number and everything.

The police officer was going to take away my parking pass (so I couldn't drive to school anymore), give me a ticket, and an additional $250 fine. The principal, Ms. Cosbob is really nice, and most of the staff members like me because (believe it or not) I'm actually a good student. I've been student of the month a couple times. They talked the police officer out of everything, saying they'd talk to me and it wouldn't happen again. Ms. Cosbob wasn't mad at me at all and neither were my other two teachers. They just said to keep it down. Got off lucky I guess, but cops lately have been really pissing me off.

I understand why we need cops and stuff, but it's one thing to do your job and another thing to be an ass about it
Yeah 6 SP4s or 6 Crossfires will be stupid nasty. The cops are going to hate you even more lol.

Seriously though get used to the cops giving you problems. Maybe demo with the windows up if near school or anywhere else in town lol? I would only demo with the windows down at shows since that will be about the only place you won't get a disturbing the piece ticket or fine.

I agree it is really stupid and cops should be spending their time on more important things other than bass. I could understand the cops and people getting pissed if you were demoing for a long time around houses or businesses or late at night but not in a school parking lot for 1 minute. Some cops just abuse authority to compensate for something else hahahaha

fuck them they should have no right to do that imo look up your local laws and print it out, pull up to the cop and ask him about it - show him you aren't scared to defend yourself and maintain your dignity. not defending yourself will only make it worse

fuck them they should have no right to do that imo look up your local laws and print it out, pull up to the cop and ask him about it - show him you aren't scared to defend yourself and maintain your dignity. not defending yourself will only make it worse
Unfortunately there doesn't have to be a law about loud music or a db level law like some cities have. They can always get you with disturbing the peace no matter what time of day it is or no matter where you are at. You could be out in the middle of a field and if someone miles away heard it and complained you could get a ticket. It is complete garbage but that's what the cops will always resort to

Unfortunately there doesn't have to be a law about loud music or a db level law like some cities have. They can always get you with disturbing the peace no matter what time of day it is or no matter where you are at. You could be out in the middle of a field and if someone miles away heard it and complained you could get a ticket. It is complete garbage but that's what the cops will always resort to
ridiculous imo, here in fl they shot down laws that allow them to do that although it doesnt do anything about the county laws so you can still get nailed there. ive literally pulled up next to cops jamming full tilt (yes im loud enough for it to be extremely loud in peoples car) and nothing happens. it's nice, the cops here have actual problems to deal with i guess

Not sure. Considering Nsv3's.
Otherwise, some Fi SP4's are going to be cheaper.

I've been looking for deals. If something is listed for a good price, I'd try just about anything.

Looking for high-temp 3" coil subs or 4" coil subs.

Leaning most towards SP4's because of the price
Hey dude, long time no talk. I see you've changed stuff dramatically and it looks pretty awesome. First, ignore the haters on your batteries, you can never have enough juice in these kinds of systems. Second, those amps look sick *** hell, i bet they are beasts. Third, you should check out the new Sundown woofers that are coming out. The ZV4's are no longer able to be ordered and in May-June they will be releasing the new version which is the ZV5's. The big difference is that these will no longer use the ZV motors in them, they will have the Nightshade motors, beefed up coils, higher power handling and more XMAX. I think they're gonna be sick as hell. Plus, cheaper substantially than the Nightshades that you were looking at. Also, as you well know, i can get them much cheaper. Hit me up bro.

Yeah 6 SP4s or 6 Crossfires will be stupid nasty. The cops are going to hate you even more lol.
Seriously though get used to the cops giving you problems. Maybe demo with the windows up if near school or anywhere else in town lol? I would only demo with the windows down at shows since that will be about the only place you won't get a disturbing the piece ticket or fine.

I agree it is really stupid and cops should be spending their time on more important things other than bass. I could understand the cops and people getting pissed if you were demoing for a long time around houses or businesses or late at night but not in a school parking lot for 1 minute. Some cops just abuse authority to compensate for something else hahahaha
Windows up isn't as loud :/

What pisses me off is he didn't even see my truck! He has no proof it was me!

Hey dude, long time no talk. I see you've changed stuff dramatically and it looks pretty awesome. First, ignore the haters on your batteries, you can never have enough juice in these kinds of systems. Second, those amps look sick *** hell, i bet they are beasts. Third, you should check out the new Sundown woofers that are coming out. The ZV4's are no longer able to be ordered and in May-June they will be releasing the new version which is the ZV5's. The big difference is that these will no longer use the ZV motors in them, they will have the Nightshade motors, beefed up coils, higher power handling and more XMAX. I think they're gonna be sick as hell. Plus, cheaper substantially than the Nightshades that you were looking at. Also, as you well know, i can get them much cheaper. Hit me up bro.
Thanks! Yeah, I'm happy with the amps. I have another 7k coming soon.

I plan on running 4 or 6 18's depending on what they are.

When I save up enough money to upgrade, I'll call or text you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.