Alex's next subs

[quote name='papermaker']don't get caught up in wanting to do stupid builds. use your logical thought. your a smart kid. keep it simple use whats going to work good in you alignment and build something that will work good in your cabin..
if you strapped those 4 amps at 4 ohm mono its be so much cleaner and will controlled even on 2 18s it would SOUND louder and meter better..

remember Power without control is chaos..[/QUOTE]

Going extreme

[quote name='dailyrider123']@adulbrich look on xplicitaudio, plus there 650 for the db3 series and like 1k for the db4 series, db2 series are $530.[/QUOTE]

No thanks

[quote name='dailyrider123']Its a guy on caco selling two new nsv3 15s for $750 each I'm pretty sure if you save up another check or two you can grab two more from Jacob and run 4[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Massive spl']BRAND NEW Sundown NSV3 15s - Car Audio Classifieds

That would be $3,000 and I can only spend $2,200 right now

He has four forsale on Caco. $750 each. Monster woofers[/QUOTE]

You'd take those over 8 Soundrive 12's?

[quote name='dailyrider123']Yep he do he probably cut you a deal better get with him[/QUOTE]

Might try, but I don't see those being a better option

Going extreme

No thanks

You'd take those over 8 Soundrive 12's?

Might try, but I don't see those being a better option

Idk my buddy was doing 160s with four nsv3 15s On two 750.1... You have more power so if built right you should be 160+ with four 7ks

A 3" coil is not going to like 14k daily. The 8 12's will be a much better daily groundpounder. Each coil will get 3.5k and those subs will love that power daily. If he had money for 4 18" ns v3 then sure each with a 7k would be sick but 2 vs 8 decent 12's I'd bet the 12's get louder and handle the power daily better. Those soundrive subs are not some cheap soundqubed type sub.

Idk my buddy was doing 160s with four nsv3 15s On two 750.1... You have more power so if built right you should be 160+ with four 7ks
Still, the 8 SD 12's would seem to have the advantage here.

More coil surface area, more cone area, more motor force?

I'd really like to do the biggest cone area build in a 4th that I can fit. With 12's, I won't have to have a ton of enclosure volume.

Would be about the same, but I'd have more cone area, right?

A 3" coil is not going to like 14k daily. The 8 12's will be a much better daily groundpounder. Each coil will get 3.5k and those subs will love that power daily. If he had money for 4 18" ns v3 then sure each with a 7k would be sick but 2 vs 8 decent 12's I'd bet the 12's get louder and handle the power daily better. Those soundrive subs are not some cheap soundqubed type sub.
Yep, that's what I was thinking too.

Still, the 8 SD 12's would seem to have the advantage here.
More coil surface area, more cone area, more motor force?

I'd really like to do the biggest cone area build in a 4th that I can fit. With 12's, I won't have to have a ton of enclosure volume.

Would be about the same, but I'd have more cone area, right?

SD is sundown.. Your going to have to say Sdrive or just sound drive because everytime I read 8 SD 12s I think your talking about SUNDOWN.

SD is sundown.. Your going to have to say Sdrive or just sound drive because everytime I read 8 SD 12s I think your talking about SUNDOWN.
When I mean Sundown, I either say Sundown or SA (Sundown Audio). I haven't seen anybody abbreviate Sundown as SD as far as I remember.

well good luck. i hope you get it right this time.
Thanks, I hope I do too

Well get the SD sub's you asked for any last minute suggestions we gave them to you I hope it turns out great, quick question though on your other build you did a lot to that car to get it right why didn't you use ofc wire though?

Car audio is really not that important if your gettin 400 every two weeks why spend it on that save that money do a small build havin money in the bank is a great feeling u can go broke on nonsese at Any second

Well get the SD sub's you asked for any last minute suggestions we gave them to you I hope it turns out great, quick question though on your other build you did a lot to that car to get it right why didn't you use ofc wire though?
Yes, you're right. I did ask for suggestions and I appreciate it

What do you mean? I have all OFC wire. Even in my car, I did.

Car audio is really not that important if your gettin 400 every two weeks why spend it on that save that money do a small build havin money in the bank is a great feeling u can go broke on nonsese at Any second
My last day of high school was yesterday.

The only things I have to pay for is gas, food if I go out to eat instead of eating at home, stuff for my truck like oil and other parts, and other non-essential items I would like to purchase.

I have a $150k college fund and tuition is going to only cost me $16k a year. I get to keep the money left over in the account and my mom is buying my first house.

I see no reason to not spend my money now while I can. I don't need it for later.

I'm only 18......

When I mean Sundown, I either say Sundown or SA (Sundown Audio). I haven't seen anybody abbreviate Sundown as SD as far as I remember.

Thanks, I hope I do too
if your going 4th order Id use something with a higher QEs(47+) and a lower FS 32 down..

the SD(soundrive) 12 will SMASH ported or 6th order BP..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.