Alex's next subs

if your going 4th order Id use something with a higher QEs(47+) and a lower FS 32 down.. the SD(soundrive) 12 will SMASH ported or 6th order BP..
Could try 6th order, but I don't know how to design them.

Internally right now (counting what the port takes up) I would have 43.7 cubes of space net of actual airspace I can divide between the two chambers. That's taking wall thickness into account

Could try 6th order, but I don't know how to design them.
Internally right now (counting what the port takes up) I would have 43.7 cubes of space net of actual airspace I can divide between the two chambers. That's taking wall thickness into account
They take some testing. I'm gonna built one for my setup just for shits..

They take some testing. I'm gonna built one for my setup just for shits..
Just tried designing one and realized I wouldn't have space for anything close to optimal.

My bad I'm thinking about boogermans build
Gotcha.

Now that I've made my sub decision, it's time to settle on an enclosure. I'm thinking about a few options.

1. Flat wall tuned lowwwwwwww. 25 cubes net of internal volume. 400 square inches of port area. 44" long port. Tuning comes out somewhere around 25hz. The port alone would be like 10 cubes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

2. 4th order with 10 cubes sealed, 25+ cubes ported tuned around 45-50hz and around 350-500 square inches of port area is what Damien suggested. I could "add" or shrink the sealed volume with polyfill and 2x4's. Could also change port length/area to find what works best. Considering he's the one selling the subs, I value this advice.

I've got 43.7 cubes that it could be, so I'd have more than enough room for both options.

Thinking about starting another thread here for enclosure advice tweaking and maybe one on CACO if there's much more to talk about.

Or..

I think I might wait another two weeks and buy 8 15's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah, with a Fs of 40+ and a box tuning of 35hz, I wouldn't expect a lot of output below 28hz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I think I'm just going to wait another two weeks and think about stuff

35 was 2.5 cubes on 600 watts clamped.
Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
I was doing some modeling and noticed that (theoretically) dropping tuning from like 32 to 30 with similar port area had like 3dB more output under 28hz. Im not surprised that at 35hz it dropped off so quickly

I was doing some modeling and noticed that (theoretically) dropping tuning from like 32 to 30 with similar port area had like 3dB more output under 28hz. Im not surprised that at 35hz it dropped off so quickly
Yeah but it could of play them better. I mean I have had plenty of systems and heard plenty. It wasn't the box was peaky or etc. But the upper end compared to low end was was completely different. It killed notes from 40+ no problem but 28+ was a steep drop out. But overall it was still a great subwoofer. Only sold mine to pick up 4 xfl super cheap and attemp my wall.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.