aftermarket backup camera

Participant count
  • Participant list

Richc1500

I just put in a 6,2" touchscreen stereo in my truck everything works great except that the backup camera will work when the ignition is in the on position but if i start the truck and go in reverse i have no picture just the graph on the screen i get a good picture if i just turn on the ignition without started here is how it is wired the trigger wire from the head unit is wired straight to the backup light on the drivers side tail light the camera is wired with the ground to the to the body behind the tail light and i ran a positive wire to the fuse box to an ignition on I have been all over the internet looking for an answer to this problem a lot of people have this problem but there is no answer to resolve it anyone have an idea to fix this

1996 Chevy Silverado standard cab 5.7liter

I have it wired to the reverse wire at the drivers side tail light going to the trigger wire on the receiver had the camera pos wired there to but it did the same thing so i wired the camera wire to direct power from the igniton and still does it i thought maybe the head unit was bad to i took it back twice and exchanged it still the same problem just doesnt make any sence to me why it does show the picture when the truck is in reverse running only shows picture the picture in reverse with ignition in on position

I have it wired to the reverse wire at the drivers side tail light going to the trigger wire on the receiver had the camera pos wired there to but it did the same thing so i wired the camera wire to direct power from the igniton and still does it i thought maybe the head unit was bad to i took it back twice and exchanged it still the same problem just doesnt make any sence to me why it does show the picture when the truck is in reverse running only shows picture the picture in reverse with ignition in on position
I have no idea what you said here.

Ok I have a xo vision xod1752bt receiver with 6.2" tft I installed it in my 1996 silverado standard cab I purchased a HDE backup camera I have it wired as fallows

Positive wire from the camera tied in to the green wire at my tail light for the reverse lights

Ran another positive wire from the green reverse light wire to the cab and to the backup camera wire on the back of my head unit

have the camera ground to chassy

Now when i turn my ignition to the on position and put the truck in reverse the head unit switches over to back up camera and i get a picture. Now when i start mt truck put it in reverse my head unit switches over to backup camera put no picture on the screen just a black screen with the graph lines.

I hope this is better explanation this problem is making me crazy Please any help would be great

I would double check to make sure both your reverse wires and tied into the same line. Also make sure the connection is secure. Could be correct but the camera is not recieving enough voltage to turn on. Check voltage with the car running at the camera.

If still have issues I would ensure your ground the camera is on a clean sanded down to bare metal surface.

I double checked all of the connections. i soldered them all when i installed it but i checked them any way in case there was a cold solder connection but everything was fine tested with a multi meter have a good ground 12v at the camera and 12v at the head unit backup cam wire when the truck is running both reverse lights come on. i am at a loss is there something under the dash that could cause interference to knock out the video when i start the truck

I would def start looking for a new HU if all other variables are testing properly. Im not familiar with XO Vision, never heard of them, so I cant really speak to the quality of brand or particular model.

Ok i fixed the problem the video cable that came with the camera was to thin of a cable, so i tried a video cable for home theater it worked but was getting some interference line so as a last ditch effort i ran some rg6 and used some RCA adapters works great now no interference at all crystal clear picture I do want to Thank you for your suggestions

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.