Advise on speaker numbers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Arni
10+ year member

Iceland
I have a cd player and it´s amplifier is 4x40 watts rms per channel.

I am going to buy new speakers and my question is what numbers to look for in the speakers

in order to get the most out of this kind of power in an amplifier.

If I choose to get myself a seperate amplifier what will I gain by doing so and how do I select speakers and amplifiers together.

I like to be able to play my music quite loud at times, what would be the upper limits in regard of numbers were I still have quality sound but gain nothing more but being able to play so loud that it´s out of the range of pleasure. The space that I have to play in is a Nissan king cab.

Arni

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.