Adulbrich's batteries

Ya I have heard that these trans are the weak link for the last 20 years and 250k miles lol and I pulled and enclosed trailer full of tools for a lot of those miles ! Those few pounds in wood and batterys are nothing. Only diference is yours is 4x4 and I dont know if that would make any diference ? And congrats on the new job bud !

Ya I have heard that these trans are the weak link for the last 20 years and 250k miles lol and I pulled and enclosed trailer full of tools for a lot of those miles ! Those few pounds in wood and batterys are nothing. Only diference is yours is 4x4 and I dont know if that would make any diference ? And congrats on the new job bud !
A trailer is different than throwing stuff in the truck. You could have a 600lb trailer with a 100lb tongue weight which means your vehicle is only seeing the 100lbs batteries are heavy and he bought quite a few

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

A trailer is different than throwing stuff in the truck. You could have a 600lb trailer with a 100lb tongue weight which means your vehicle is only seeing the 100lbs batteries are heavy and he bought quite a few
Something like that lol trailer was heavy as **** loaded down with tools !

Goth 32 of these bitches today!
IMG_20160321_130642_765_zpshi3xrse9.jpg

Long story.

I applied for a battery shop a while ago. Never got a call back.

Went to the shop today during my lunch break. I intended to buy four more group 49's like I had ($150 each).

Manager showed me a pallet of these in the back:

IMG_20160321_113543_434_zpsnnrqx65y.jpg

He said they got 40 in and sold 8. The batteries are three years old, and were used by a local company for server power backup. New, the batteries cost $180, but he was selling them for $100 used. He said he'd cut me a deal since I've bought batteries from them before and he asked me how many I wanted, saying they'd be $50 a piece.....

I took the whole **** pallet! And he was really surprised, lmao. Then and there he offered me a job. Told me to come back after class and I could start today. Well, went back there and worked 3:00 to 6:00 today. Got a new job and a ton of batteries!!!!!
I don't think anyone asked yet, but how many of these are you going to be running? I take it they are going in the bed of your truck? You got a bed cover right? Lol

Nice score on the new job! The best jobs are the ones that find you!

Your truck might have a stock trans cooler, mine cane with one but I'm pretty sure it has the tow package. It's a little square in front of your radiator
It might, I can check

Thanks!

The new batteries are 1,280 pounds total //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I don't think anyone asked yet, but how many of these are you going to be running? I take it they are going in the bed of your truck? You got a bed cover right? Lol
Nice score on the new job! The best jobs are the ones that find you!
I was planning to use all of them, lol. Yes I've got a bed cover

Was going to take out my group 49's and sell them, then just run the new used batteries

I can see you using all 32 batts when you get 4 more vital powers.
I was thinking about getting one more before the price increase, but now I spent all this money and only have $200 left in my account.

Paid cash for the batteries so he didn't have an extra fee for an electronic transaction, lol

ResizedImage_1458666406121_zps5z9wbj2f.jpg

4l60e's are far from weak, but we're talking about a half ton truck carrying more payload than ever intended. people put oversized tires, turbos, and all kinds of other **** on stock 4l60e's without problems for years.

the bottom line is it's a transmission, with a complex moving structure with many valves and small parts - they will break. people abuse the **** out of them, to say they're the weak link is wrong. thats like saying the pre AFM (that eco bs) gm motors are weak. go look at dodge trannys, GM fuel pumps, toyota frames, jeep spring perches, that's talking about weak points

do you have any idea how often people actually change their trans fluid? verify there's no codes or sensors acting erratically? a malfunctioning valve or solenoid can cause a small problem to become an entire rebuild

Last edited by a moderator:
1200 lbs isn't that far off rated payload for that truck. You also have the rest of the equipment and fuel to account for but I think you're okay. I'd worry more about the brake booster than the tranny.

**** that's a lot of weight!

So I gotta ask, why 32 batteries?

Do you play your system with the truck off for long periods of time? You don't go to any shows/competitions right? So is this just more of a "because I can" type of thing? Lol

I know you need lots of Ah for 21k watts, but 32 batts? Seems like more batts then even the big boys run with 40k+ watt systems.

Just curious as to your reasoning. I've gotta say, I've never seen a bed truck full of batts. I've seen boxes take up the whole bed, I've seen amps and batteries take up the whole bed, but I've never seen just batts fill up a whole bed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I figured they'd be more than 1300 pounds.... I was expecting something like the 100lb each C&D's for that price.

$1600 for 1300 pounds of 3+ year old telecom batteries wasn't quite the smoking deal you made it out to be. I'm not sure that it was a good deal at all actually.

Transmission should be fine in that case, but I'd still make sure you have a trans cooler. And the comments about running turbos, etc on a stock 4L60e... Yes, it can be done. Will it last? Not long unless you get lucky and drive like a grandma. I've heard too many stories of people's 4L60s being "fine" with extra power or large loads, and then one day they're stuck on the side of the road.

He shouldn't need caps or all those batts. With quad alts and acouple batts he should hold 14v all day
Could have got a big lithium with that money and been good to go. Only concern would be too much charging power for a single lithium, but two large ones would definitely have been fine

Hahahahaha LMFAO!!!! No ******* way did I just stumble across this.

I was googling "Ultracap bank car audio" and of course a thread came up on this site :D check out the 6th post. :laugh:
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/gene...58-farad-super-capacitor-$80.html#post8609068

Not trying to hate at all @adulbrich! i think it's awesome if you want to run 32 batts! I just thought it was funny to see how a couple years ago you were looking at supercaps because running a lot of batteries was not ideal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.