Adulbrich's batteries

adulbrich
5,000+ posts

Olive oil un-virginer
Ames, Iowa
Goth 32 of these bitches today!

IMG_20160321_130642_765_zpshi3xrse9.jpg

Long story.

I applied for a battery shop a while ago. Never got a call back.

Went to the shop today during my lunch break. I intended to buy four more group 49's like I had ($150 each).

Manager showed me a pallet of these in the back:

IMG_20160321_113543_434_zpsnnrqx65y.jpg

He said they got 40 in and sold 8. The batteries are three years old, and were used by a local company for server power backup. New, the batteries cost $180, but he was selling them for $100 used. He said he'd cut me a deal since I've bought batteries from them before and he asked me how many I wanted, saying they'd be $50 a piece.....

I took the whole **** pallet! And he was really surprised, lmao. Then and there he offered me a job. Told me to come back after class and I could start today. Well, went back there and worked 3:00 to 6:00 today. Got a new job and a ton of batteries!!!!!

whats the ESR? are they sealed? how old are they? typically batteries on a shelf for 3 years wont last much longer. and honestly you would have been better off getting another alternator instead of spending that much on a set of batteries that ultimatly end up loading the alternators more after you drain them.

that's badass, pretty cool when you can earn yourself a job opportunity like that. had the owner of a big tv repair place here offer me a job opportunity when i had them check out my plasma and started asking him if he had any oldschool oscopes i could buy

whats the ESR? are they sealed? how old are they? typically batteries on a shelf for 3 years wont last much longer. and honestly you would have been better off getting another alternator instead of spending that much on a set of batteries that ultimatly end up loading the alternators more after you drain them.
They're sealed and they've been used three years.

Another alternator would have cost me a fortune. I already have four....

that's badass, pretty cool when you can earn yourself a job opportunity like that. had the owner of a big tv repair place here offer me a job opportunity when i had them check out my plasma and started asking him if he had any oldschool oscopes i could buy
Thanks, I thought it was cool too! Today was a great day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Going to be working there every weekday 3:00 to 6:00 and whenever they schedule me on Saturdays. Plus I work Sundays at Kmart. Rolling in the dough //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

New build log should be coming soon huh?
Idk. I might just continue my old one. I'm just adding batteries and swapped sub amps.

Didn't get new subs, speakers, headunit, mids/highs amp, or re-do the enclosure. Basically the same system with more power

I replace my batteries every 3years. Lol so they don't go bad on me. And here you are buying three year old batts that could go bad anytime... I hope they work out for you.

I replace my batteries every 3years. Lol so they don't go bad on me. And here you are buying three year old batts that could go bad anytime... I hope they work out for you.
Not everybody can be cool like you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.