Adulbrich's batteries

He shouldn't need caps or all those batts. With quad alts and acouple batts he should hold 14v all day
yea i agree, but the huge cap banks are much more efficient on music. as lond as its big enough for the load they will and will never fully discharge. batteies are much better at storting and releasing enegry under lower longer rates..

anyone remember the RF 18kw?

[quote name='BoogerMan']**** that's a lot of weight!

So I gotta ask, why 32 batteries?

Do you play your system with the truck off for long periods of time? You don't go to any shows/competitions right? So is this just more of a "because I can" type of thing? Lol

I know you need lots of Ah for 21k watts, but 32 batts? Seems like more batts then even the big boys run with 40k+ watt systems.

Just curious as to your reasoning. I've gotta say, I've never seen a bed truck full of batts. I've seen boxes take up the whole bed, I've seen amps and batteries take up the whole bed, but I've never seen just batts fill up a whole bed :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Partially "because I can", yes.

I'm going to use 30 of the batteries.

Found that one of the batteries had a crack in the case, so I took it back in today. Instead of giving me $50 back, the boss gave me $100 and said just keep it, lol. Then I found $2 out back while picking up trash outside.

Then going to sell one battery to my friend, so that leaves 30 C&D's

I do plan to compete this season

[quote name='SounDrive']I figured they'd be more than 1300 pounds.... I was expecting something like the 100lb each C&D's for that price.

$1600 for 1300 pounds of 3+ year old telecom batteries wasn't quite the smoking deal you made it out to be. I'm not sure that it was a good deal at all actually.

Transmission should be fine in that case, but I'd still make sure you have a trans cooler. And the comments about running turbos, etc on a stock 4L60e... Yes, it can be done. Will it last? Not long unless you get lucky and drive like a grandma. I've heard too many stories of people's 4L60s being "fine" with extra power or large loads, and then one day they're stuck on the side of the road.[/QUOTE]

I still think it was a good deal, but lithiums probably would have been smarter.

I do have a transmission cooler in front of my radiator

[quote name='BoogerMan']Hahahahaha LMFAO!!!! No ******* way did I just stumble across this.

I was googling "Ultracap bank car audio" and of course a thread came up on this site :D check out the 6th post. :laugh:
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/gene...58-farad-super-capacitor-$80.html#post8609068

Not trying to hate at all @adulbrich! i think it's awesome if you want to run 32 batts! I just thought it was funny to see how a couple years ago you were looking at supercaps because running a lot of batteries was not ideal.[/QUOTE]

That was back when I had my car. Could only fit five batteries (the ones in my truck now)

Also didn't know a whole lot about charging systems at the time

Partially "because I can", yes.
I'm going to use 30 of the batteries.

Found that one of the batteries had a crack in the case, so I took it back in today. Instead of giving me $50 back, the boss gave me $100 and said just keep it, lol. Then I found $2 out back while picking up trash outside.

Then going to sell one battery to my friend, so that leaves 30 C&D's

I do plan to compete this season

I still think it was a good deal, but lithiums probably would have been smarter.

I do have a transmission cooler in front of my radiator

That was back when I had my car. Could only fit five batteries (the ones in my truck now)

Also didn't know a whole lot about charging systems at the time
Good deal man! I can't wait to see what numbers you hit with this beast.

I was thinking it was a different car because you said a 1986, and I was like... I thought his truck was newer than that haha. Makes sense that it was your car!

All things considered on the 32 batteries, $1600, 1500 pounds , 3 years old , no warranty.

Expected performance?

Say compared to 4, SPP2250 Stingers, for $1600, 350 pounds , 3 year warranty.

Will the performance be far greater from the 32 batteries?

All things considered on the 32 batteries, $1600, 1500 pounds , 3 years old , no warranty. Expected performance?

Say compared to 4, SPP2250 Stingers, for $1600, 350 pounds , 3 year warranty.

Will the performance be far greater from the 32 batteries?
it depends on alot of defined variables initially the kinetic audio batteries where designed to discharge very fast by utilizing a lower ESR or internal series resistance. these batteries are not designed not to take a very tough beating and not have continuous discharges. another words once they discharge fully you can damage them much easier than a contunious duty cycle battery such as a marine battery. and constanybrecharging them isnt ideal nether..

Typically batteries are not used as power supplies in these cases. Using batteries for power supplies are usually confined to remote locations in some cases they can be used as a primary source with a secondary charging souce as long as that primary source hasn't been depleted past its duty cycle, generally they will live there full life but depending on the conditions of the heat, charge cycle, charge rate among many other things can determine the batteries life Greatly.

In many cases of car audio systems where your alternator is generally the primary power supply and your battery is secondary and much less often used only on the extreme notes where the primary power supplies output has been exceeded the battery will pick up the load. in the event that the primary and secondary power supplies are utilthed and the primary power supply cannot charge the secondary power supply both power supplies will have a much shorter life.

For example let's say you have an alternator with 300 amps of output at 14 volts and let's say your battery at that voltage can discharge 80 amps look for voltage drop. You have 380 amp of power supply at 14 volts that's equal to 5320 Watts of output without disrupting the charging cycle once that I'll put it succeeded you now rely on the battery Bank and alternator at the same time the power of the source so not only is the alternator trying to power the sort of keep up with the current demand but it now has a greater demand trying to recharge the batteries as well as keep up with the load..

buying used batteries to me is like buying used underwear it will work but i don't like the thought of it.. then again i bet lil possum wouldn't mind using his slutty fuckbuddies boyfriends draws to run home.. kmsl..

at least hes a good sport and a pretty smart young snapper..

i used to have one of these spp2250 , so i know they are great , so i was thinking i would certainly run 4 over a pallet worth of used batts for the same money

o SPP2250 includes offset / removable brass battery posts for installation flexibility.

o 12v Dry Cell Valve Regulated Lead Acid Battery (AGM)

o SPP Series Batteries are good for over 400 full discharge cycles.

o Internal resistance:

o 20 hour rate: 6.00A/120Ah

o 5 hour rate: 20.4A/102Ah

o 1/2 hour rate:150A/75Ah

o 5 Second Cranking Amps: 2250A

o CCA: 1420A

o Watts: >6000

o Peak Discharge: >5000 A

o Weight: 85.32 lbs.

o Dimensions: (8.09”H x 11.18”W x10.55”D)

AGM technology and sealed, non-spill

i think 4 of those , 6 runs 0 awg , and A HO alt would work well with his 7K amp

your asking for trouble. 4 batteries will help until you start discharging them, then your gonna be constantly recharging and putting a load on the alt. Id suggest getting 2 batteries and a 300 amp alt before going with 4 batteries.

Those C&D UPS batts have a 9-10yr life, not like a typical car batt. I have 6 of the 139aH batts in my van, going on 6-7yrs old and they still work fine. NOT playing below resting voltage makes a big diff on how long batts will last.

For a DEMO set up you did just fine, throw em in and enjoy......doesn't matter what you do the haters gonna hate....

i used to have one of these spp2250 , so i know they are great , so i was thinking i would certainly run 4 over a pallet worth of used batts for the same money
o SPP2250 includes offset / removable brass battery posts for installation flexibility.

o 12v Dry Cell Valve Regulated Lead Acid Battery (AGM)

o SPP Series Batteries are good for over 400 full discharge cycles.

o Internal resistance:

o 20 hour rate: 6.00A/120Ah

o 5 hour rate: 20.4A/102Ah

o 1/2 hour rate:150A/75Ah

o 5 Second Cranking Amps: 2250A

o CCA: 1420A

o Watts: >6000

o Peak Discharge: >5000 A

o Weight: 85.32 lbs.

o Dimensions: (8.09”H x 11.18”W x10.55”D)

AGM technology and sealed, non-spill

i think 4 of those , 6 runs 0 awg , and A HO alt would work well with his 7K amp
I've got three 7k amps... not one......

what size alternator does he have?
Who, me?

stock alt my mistake
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I've got a 370, 320, 300, and stock alt.

Those C&D UPS batts have a 9-10yr life, not like a typical car batt. I have 6 of the 139aH batts in my van, going on 6-7yrs old and they still work fine. NOT playing below resting voltage makes a big diff on how long batts will last.
For a DEMO set up you did just fine, throw em in and enjoy......doesn't matter what you do the haters gonna hate....
Yeah, I don't plan on taking them far below resting voltage. They shouldn't get that low with four alternators and only three 7k amps.

Thanks! Let me know if you're ever in the Springfield area and I can give you a demo

UPS batteries are deep cycle. generally they las alittle long ESP if there in the cabin. bad thing is they have a high ESR and are slow to discharge and recharge.. if you have 30 of them you should be OK as long as they dont get too low.

I've got three 7k amps... not one......

Who, me?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I've got a 370, 320, 300, and stock alt.

Yeah, I don't plan on taking them far below resting voltage. They shouldn't get that low with four alternators and only three 7k amps.

Thanks! Let me know if you're ever in the Springfield area and I can give you a demo
if you can keep the batteries above 12.8 your gonna be OK

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.