Added nitrous to my car.

why you guys hating so much...this guys saturn may be shitty but it would still smoke a whole lot of unsuspecting people ...atleast hes got the balls to do it...ive got a mustang and wont even put nitrous on that ****.
Its pretty fun doing it as well. A couple weeks ago some guy in a carbed 5.0 fox body Mustang wanted to race. After all the **** he talked, I stayed pretty much even with him the whole race.

someone should close this thread..haha why is there 42 pages on this?
saturns are shitty cars...everyone knows it...get over it..its still slow..just like throwing a turbo on a stock civic and trying to run like 20 lbs..it will probably blow up sooner or later...
Its completely different. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

But anyways. Im planning on rebuilding the engine sometime this year. The main reason to extend the life of the car, because it will be my ride for the winter once I get my new car next year. Im going to rebuild it with some preformance stuff, like Hyperutectic pistons .020, have the block bored .020 over, have the head ported & polished, flat faced valves. Then the regular stuff like new valve seals, new piston rings, head gasket, etc...

And im going to up the nitrous to a 75 shot too...

Its pretty fun doing it as well. A couple weeks ago some guy in a carbed 5.0 fox body Mustang wanted to race. After all the **** he talked, I stayed pretty much even with him the whole race.

Its completely different. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

But anyways. Im planning on rebuilding the engine sometime this year. The main reason to extend the life of the car, because it will be my ride for the winter once I get my new car next year. Im going to rebuild it with some preformance stuff, like Hyperutectic pistons .020, have the block bored .020 over, have the head ported & polished, flat faced valves. Then the regular stuff like new valve seals, new piston rings, head gasket, etc...

And it will still be a turd.

here we go again...................................
if your going with pistons go forged ****it. specially with nitrous on it.

Yep, I can feel it starting all over again too..lol

Id go with forged pistons, but im not rebuilding for performance just reliability.

Forged pistons are $400 while the ones im getting are $160. Plus there are 2 Saturns that I know of that are running 100 shot on the same pistons and stock rods.

dude look.. no matter how much work you put into it.. no matter how many performance mods it has.. no matter how much horsepower it puts down.. its STILL A SATURN.

Keep the car for what it is.. transportation. Its an economical ride to and from work. Nothing wrong with that. If you want to add a few things cheap things to pep it up a little thats cool. Rebuilding the engine and upgrading the internals on it so you can throw a bigger shot of NOS at it is just throwing your money away. No one is going to buy a "modded" Saturn if you try to sell it down the road.

Save your money and buy a car that will respond to mods much better like a DSM. Although I am partial as I've owned multiple DSMs and love them. Great cars if you really want to do some performance modifications. Then keep the Saturn for when it breaks down.. because it will.. performance mods do that to cars.. just the way it is. Just understand what you are getting yourself into before you start to through down thousands of dollars to do maybe a 15 second 1/4 mile run in a Saturn.. if that even.

The last DSM I sold could run a high 11 with about 5 grand invested in parts and thats not bad.

I don't street race or even attempt to bench race so if that's what you are in to I really can't help you. Going fast is just a hobby of mine and the only way to really measure how fast you are is a timeslip.

There will always be people to talk ****. You're doing something different, against the grain. Good for you. I personally think what you're doing is great. Go for it.

And it will still be a turd.
Theres alot of people that bash imports and the people that tune them just for the hell of it. Are you going to be one of them?

here we go again...................................
if your going with pistons go forged ****it. specially with nitrous on it.
You drive a V6 mustang. Thats like buying a hybrid lambo.

dude look.. no matter how much work you put into it.. no matter how many performance mods it has.. no matter how much horsepower it puts down.. its STILL A SATURN.
Keep the car for what it is.. transportation. Its an economical ride to and from work. Nothing wrong with that. If you want to add a few things cheap things to pep it up a little thats cool. Rebuilding the engine and upgrading the internals on it so you can throw a bigger shot of NOS at it is just throwing your money away. No one is going to buy a "modded" Saturn if you try to sell it down the road.

Save your money and buy a car that will respond to mods much better like a DSM. Although I am partial as I've owned multiple DSMs and love them. Great cars if you really want to do some performance modifications. Then keep the Saturn for when it breaks down.. because it will.. performance mods do that to cars.. just the way it is. Just understand what you are getting yourself into before you start to through down thousands of dollars to do maybe a 15 second 1/4 mile run in a Saturn.. if that even.

The last DSM I sold could run a high 11 with about 5 grand invested in parts and thats not bad.

I don't street race or even attempt to bench race so if that's what you are in to I really can't help you. Going fast is just a hobby of mine and the only way to really measure how fast you are is a timeslip.
You're a retard on many levels.

You insinuate that the only fast import is a DSM

You assume that he cares about resale value, 'street cred', your past/future/present.

You think timeslips determine overall speed.

You forget the subject at hand and just go on to accomplish what your penis pump couldn't. Boosting your ego by talking about your has been DSM.

At the end of the day the only thing that matters is that he is happy with what he has done and created. He obviously is, because he created a thread about it. He has put alot of time, effort, money, and passion behind his current project. Why can't you respect that? He could've came into your threads about your Mustangs and talked about how they're heavy, and rely on primitive technology despite a refreshed model. About your DSM's having crank walk issues, a fledgling ricer following, etc. etc. etc.

Weather or not you like his car you should support him for the very fact that he is doing something different and doing it well. He's using the same engineering principals you and everyone else is to tune their vehicles.

He's got something different, and i think thats something to be proud of. He's done something different and i think thats more than a lot of us have.

And you know, people used to always say that VW's are chick cars... They aren't saying that now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

There will always be people to talk ****. You're doing something different, against the grain. Good for you. I personally think what you're doing is great. Go for it.

Theres alot of people that bash imports and the people that tune them just for the hell of it. Are you going to be one of them?

You're a retard on many levels.

You insinuate that the only fast import is a DSM

You assume that he cares about resale value, 'street cred', your past/future/present.

You think timeslips determine overall speed.

You forget the subject at hand and just go on to accomplish what your penis pump couldn't. Boosting your ego by talking about your has been DSM.

At the end of the day the only thing that matters is that he is happy with what he has done and created. He obviously is, because he created a thread about it. He has put alot of time, effort, money, and passion behind his current project. Why can't you respect that? He could've came into your threads about your Mustangs and talked about how they're heavy, and rely on primitive technology despite a refreshed model. About your DSM's having crank walk issues, a fledgling ricer following, etc. etc. etc.

Weather or not you like his car you should support him for the very fact that he is doing something different and doing it well. He's using the same engineering principals you and everyone else is to tune their vehicles.

He's got something different, and i think thats something to be proud of. He's done something different and i think thats more than a lot of us have.

And you know, people used to always say that VW's are chick cars... They aren't saying that now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Wow!!!!

Personally me, I think it is a waste of money as well. Yeah, he is kinda doing something different, but really he isnt. There are quite a few people that do that **** to their saturns believe it or not. So I can see the point of what the one guy said. Also you mentioned he is doing it well. My question is, how do you know. Do you know him personally or know the car? Now I can respect his passion on working on cars and the sweet and blood that goes into doing all this stuff, but I dont respect the car its going in. Not trying to futher take this into another relm, but I for one as I am sure many others would think you would be the first one to flame this guy, lol!

Also I think he ment timeslips as it being a safer enviorment to race in and its legal.

For a daily driver with the gas like it is, i see no problems? Then again, I have common sense. Im building my truck to be the fun ride. When will people realize the FIRST mustang was a 6 cylinder car.......

Yep, I can feel it starting all over again too..lol
Id go with forged pistons, but im not rebuilding for performance just reliability.

Forged pistons are $400 while the ones im getting are $160. Plus there are 2 Saturns that I know of that are running 100 shot on the same pistons and stock rods.
well I guess with your mentality, its better to do it twice than once. me? id rather do it once and not worry about it again. what do i know though. if i were building my truck to spray on, or hell....ANY type of serious performance mod on it i would go forged for reassurance. im contemplating building my 302 a bit, but prices are rediculous on ford **** compared to the equal chevy part. probably going stock for now and building a 408 stroker from a 351

Im never getting another FWD car again. My next car is either a LS1 SS Camaro or WS6 Trans Am. I dont plan on selling this car ever, it wouldnt be worth it. My car runs a 15 second 1/4 mile stock. I should be in the low 14s when im done.

well I guess with your mentality, its better to do it twice than once. me? id rather do it once and not worry about it again. what do i know though. if i were building my truck to spray on, or hell....ANY type of serious performance mod on it i would go forged for reassurance. im contemplating building my 302 a bit, but prices are rediculous on ford **** compared to the equal chevy part. probably going stock for now and building a 408 stroker from a 351

Im perfectly fine with the pistons that i'm going to get. In fact the stock Saturn engine can take a 75 shot no problems. There are numerous people on my fourms that are running a 75 shot with basic bolt ons, 2 step colder plugs, and premium gas.

If I were seriously building for performance, I would have forged pistons, and rods. Then turbo the car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.