Acura RDX LOC wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

pburgh19

CarAudio.com Newbie
NH
I have a 2018 RDX (base) — with four door speakers, two front tweeters, and a sub in the rear hatch — that needs some help. The stock audio system is pretty weak, but the center console is built in a way that prevents me from installing a nicer head unit. I'd like to replace the four door speakers and two tweeters (crossover with front door speakers), add a 5 channel amp, and a subwoofer in the hatch. I plan on leaving the stock sub in place but disconnected.

I assume I'll need to install a LOC (AudioControl LC6i or LC7i?), but I'm wondering about how I can wire it given the amplifier that comes with the base system. Has anyone added an amp for the door speakers in an Acura?

I know without an amp, I'd simply cut the speaker leads coming out of the back of the stock head unit, run those to the LOC, then to the amp, then back to the other cut ends headed to the doors. How do I approach this given the stock amplification?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.