Acura CL Type-S Update! TONS OF PICS!!!

Well thats all I have for now as I'm still working on the car. Unfortunetly, I had to take my car into the Acura Dealership today.....For some reason my engine light came on and the car doesn't do so well when it's idleing.

But I did just finish installing the AVIC which as soon as I get it back tom. I'll post some pics. It's a gorgeous unit!

-Nick-

Car looks like it may be totaled. Body shop took a quick look and saw that the firewall has been damaged. I'll get more info tomorrow when they do a full inspection. Your doors and the back seat frame reminded me of a 98-02 CL, I had a feeling it was somewhere there, lol. Does your trunk has a plastic piece or something on trunk lid located on the bottom center (where the lump is in the pic below)?

IMG_1710.jpg

Car looks like it may be totaled. Body shop took a quick look and saw that the firewall has been damaged. I'll get more info tomorrow when they do a full inspection. Your doors and the back seat frame reminded me of a 98-02 CL, I had a feeling it was somewhere there, lol. Does your trunk has a plastic piece or something on trunk lid located on the bottom center (where the lump is in the pic below)?
IMG_1710.jpg
Yeah a plastic release hatch? Is that what your talking about? My trunk barely opens with the single layer of Dynamat on there or else I would've done more on it.

-Nick-

Looks really good so far man. Did DHL beat up the sub enclosure at all? Looks like the cardboard box was a little rough, but it didnt appear there was any damage in the pics.

Thanks again for the business man. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Looks really good so far man. Did DHL beat up the sub enclosure at all? Looks like the cardboard box was a little rough, but it didnt appear there was any damage in the pics.
Thanks again for the business man. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Yeah it was a little beat up, the box that is. But no harm to the actual enclosure. I looked her over and she is BEAUTIFUL. So no damage. +1 for DHL.

Thanks You and Your welcome lol.

-Nick-

Yeah a plastic release hatch? Is that what your talking about? My trunk barely opens with the single layer of Dynamat on there or else I would've done more on it.
-Nick-
No, it's actually the lower part of the trunk, closer towards the glass. Look from the bottom of the glass and start looking up, there is a clump of stuff in the shape of a rectangle. I had a plastic piece there and Megalomaniac pointed it out to me some time back. Inside it is a weight and if you take that out (I even filled it with expanding foam) it will drastically reduce rattling in the trunk. Night and day difference.

yeah my dhl box came beat up, actually torn, but BJ did a good job with the inside padding, that the box was untouched. doesnt matter how beat up the cardboard is, your box will be untouched.

i swear if i was there when DHL dropped off the box, and saw it in the condition it was. that dhl will be delivery packages in a wheel chair lol

Pics of the car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif I love those things.

Also are you going to be filling the huge hole in your door? That will help out your midbass in the door big time.

Pics of the car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif I love those things.
Also are you going to be filling the huge hole in your door? That will help out your midbass in the door big time.
I will get some for sure!

What do you mean whole in the door?

-Nick-

The large hole seen in the back of the door. By hole I mean on the inner skin. Ideally you will want to completely isolate the front and rear waves of the speaker. Those baffles will not do a very good job so I was merely suggesting to seal up the inner door skin. It will take some ingenuity with your lock and handle rods in the way but it can be done.

Something ike this.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318564

Im not quite finished but it already made a huge difference.

You are obviously running very nice equipment and I wanted to make sure you take full advantage. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.