About to build a sealed box for my 2-12" L7s. (advice)

Participant count
  • Participant list

SuperTrooper
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Just for shitz & giggles I'm going to start building a sealed enclosure for my two 12's. L7's. I have them sounding great in the box I have now, vented at 2.75 cubes per sub tuned to 34Hz if I'm not mistaken. I'm just kinda bored and see if I can get some more SQ going sealed.

What I want to know is does anyone have any ideas for demensions and size of the box I need to build. Some say bigger is better and some say smaller for sealed. Well I really don't know to be honest. I know it wangs in the set-up I have now. I just wanna try something a little different. Since I listen to mostly Rock and metal I thought it may sound pretty decent. They will be pushed by a Orion 1200d and going in the back of a Nissan X-Terra. So size really is'nt that big of a issue. Thanks for any help in advance. Later On......

Not to bad. The kick drum is amazing, Sounds like it's going right through my chest and throat. But for the bass lines it could use some improvement. It hits the lows better than expected, but just seems there something missing. But overall they rock.

x2, the beat is INTENSE with L7's

midbass, however, reminds me of cheap paper-cone speakers back in the day.....

they just plain sound weird

use them as a SUB, tho, and not a crutch for the rest of the system, and you will be pleased

I think with the box I have now is best for rap, which I really don't listen to very much. But when I do BAMM. You can hear/feel them L7's coming
i have the same problem wit my type x

i grew out of rap and listened to alot of techno house but the sub dont ppound as much

i did sum reseach tho and apperntly l7s n type x are great with lowbass but **** on higher bass

i think midbass can fixx it tho im not sure

What was your intention with sealing them?
More SQ?
Yes, basically to see if I can gain a little SQ. I really have no major complaints with the box I have now. I just want to try some thing different. And to see how they would sound in a custom built sealed box.

No one has any recomendations for the size I should build this sealed box ? I want it built to the size that they will sound at their best.

i would do the largest recommended size by kicker

then go closer to the smallest according to how much loudness you want to retain....

I'd go biggest, tho. Best response, and the lowest.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.