Round port distance from wall

Participant count
  • Participant list
What is end correction? I noticed that is winisd and just assumed it was flaring the end.
Don't hold me to it, but i thinks it factoring in the fact that the wall of the box will act like a port wall, causing a slight change in tuning frequency.

but hell, what do I know.

Don't hold me to it, but i thinks it factoring in the fact that the wall of the box will act like a port wall, causing a slight change in tuning frequency.
but hell, what do I know.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Thinking about it, you could turn it out away from the wall with an elbow of some sort as long as you include the centerline length of the elbow into the total length of the port.

If Im not mistaken, end correction is just half the width of the port. Also, I would rather the port up against the wall than just a bit away from it. It will be prone to be louder if its not touching depending on the length of the port.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.