Please help with box choice. <<STUCK>>((pics))

Participant count
  • Participant list

Try2makeitwork
10+ year member

Sky High
Nor-Cal
This is my first post in a long time. i can usually find any answer i need just by picking through the threads but this one has me on my ass. I am building a new box for my 10"s but i dont know which box to choose. it is going in the back cargto area of my jeep cheroke, that has 39 1/2" width in the back. I was going to build 2 of the reccomended boxes (at 1.45^ft ea) but they are 22" in width each...so 43 1/4" overall. i was goin to build the box by Moe Lester but i got bored one day and did the math to recalculate the dimentions of the Mtx box so that it is the same Volume internally and i still have the same amount of port area but 2 of them will fit with matching ports in the middle...SEE ATTACHEMENT. chenck my math but it is pretty close. it come out to being 0.066^ft over, but i plan to use corner braces to compensate for that. now im stuck between which box to build!! the Moe Lester box at 3^ft and i would use bracing to compensate for the Volume of the other sub. or should i build the mtx box that i redid to fit??? I have: 2 MTx 8500-1044 subs, and i have a kenwood kac-9152D that puts out 900wRms @ 1 ohm

Moe Lester Box 3^ft @ 33Hz.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/Skyler1356/3cubes33hz56sqin6nx.png

My box on paper

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/Skyler1356/myboxahaa.gif

The mtx reccomended box..that i modified..

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/Skyler1356/mtx8500.jpg

I would like some input on my calculations of the box...weather or not it is correct.

and Finally WHICH box should i build!??!! which one would sound better??

Nice drawing of the sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

haha! thats what i started drawing b/c i found my old usr manual. then i looked at the ported box page and pulled out my calculator. Win isd gives me a tuning of 39Hz after sub disp for the box. theses subs have a Fs of 44.....which one would sound louder/Cleaner??? 3^ft @ 33 or 1.42^ft per Sub @ 39hz....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.