A-Pillar Build Pics

OEM pillars are $45 for mine too which I think I'm stuck with if I fail on my build. Not too many 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitaras around here. There's too many speakers out there, now I'm thinking about trying out some planar tweeters http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-735 they got a really good review on zaphaudio but I'm not sure if they'd be able to handle the power I'd be giving them or if they'd be loud enough for me.

I'm still using the Neo3 currently (non PDR version), previously had them powered by a JL 300/4 so about 75 watts constant, and they took it just fine. The Neo3 offers a dcr of 3.5-4Ohms across it's entire range, there's no impedance shift because of it's design. Now they're powered by a Linear Power 652I (32.5 wpc) and they still get plenty loud when I need them to.

If you can get these on axis, then get the regular Neo3, if they're going to be off axis more than 15-20* then get the PDR version.

Does anyone know where to buy a good bondo, primer/paint, and the texture finish for cheap on the internet? I checked home depot yesterday but there wasn't many options at all as far as bondo goes and I wasn't sure which one would be good. I think I'm going to go with something similar to Bamaboy's pillars but I'll be using the 3" Daytons and large format tweeters, would the flower foam stuff be strong enough to use with the bondo, should I use a stronger foam, or will I have to fiberglass? Any help is appreciated.

Whichever you can fit, and whichever will meet your needs.
Vague, I know. ***** don't it?
Well, when thinking on vs. off-axis, what is the reference?

For instance, if you have a tweeter in the a-pillar that faces the opposite person (meaning the Driver A-pillar is a direct line with passenger and vice versa). The tweeter is on-axis to the passenger, but off axis to the driver.

Well, when thinking on vs. off-axis, what is the reference?
For instance, if you have a tweeter in the a-pillar that faces the opposite person (meaning the Driver A-pillar is a direct line with passenger and vice versa). The tweeter is on-axis to the passenger, but off axis to the driver.
the left won't be extremely off axis. degrees... Most FR graphs show the speakers FR on axis, 30 degrees and 60 degrees off axis.

Most people aim that way for two seat listening. One is on axis and one is give or take 30 degrees off axis and it'll be the same for both listeners.

the left won't be extremely off axis. degrees... Most FR graphs show the speakers FR on axis, 30 degrees and 60 degrees off axis.
Most people aim that way for two seat listening. One is on axis and one is give or take 30 degrees off axis and it'll be the same for both listeners.
I was planning on pointing them both towards the center, wouldn't that be optimal for 2 seater listening? Also, are large format tweeters usually better (not optimal) for off axis than a smaller tweeter because of dispersion or is it really driver dependant?

I was planning on pointing them both towards the center, wouldn't that be optimal for 2 seater listening? Also, are large format tweeters usually better (not optimal) for off axis than a smaller tweeter because of dispersion or is it really driver dependant?
driver dependent.

If the company offers Frequency response graphs for their speakers, it'll be for on axis, 30* off, and 60* off axis, so you can compare how they'll do off axis.

Does anyone know where to buy a good bondo, primer/paint, and the texture finish for cheap on the internet? I checked home depot yesterday but there wasn't many options at all as far as bondo goes and I wasn't sure which one would be good. I think I'm going to go with something similar to Bamaboy's pillars but I'll be using the 3" Daytons and large format tweeters, would the flower foam stuff be strong enough to use with the bondo, should I use a stronger foam, or will I have to fiberglass? Any help is appreciated.
Any info on where to buy? ^^^

Wally World or any local auto parts store will have what you need. I just use Bondo brand stuff including their "gold" filler, resin, matt, etc... I've used a light textured satin black paint with good results...

IMG00372.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.