My first attempt at SQ, looking for guidance.

PaulThompson229
10+ year member

Professional Mooch
So. MD
I just picked up a pair of 15" AA Atlas subs this afternoon and I figured they would be good subs to use on my first attempt at SQ. I could use some advise on what type of enclosure would work well, or anyone who has these subs and already know what kind of box they like. They have the variable QTS coil but I am not yet sure how it works lol. Power will be from a Sundown 100.4, each sub bridged on 2 channels.

eh might work out since your not running to much power to them....what are you planning for up front?
When I have the money for a front stage I will switch the subs over to a Treo SSX-750.1 (slightly more power) and use the Sundown to run 4 undecided tweets and 4 6.5" mids active, When I have a few grand saved up for electrical and deadening the truck will change to a SPL truck with new subs and 6K+ on tap.

Instead of 4 6.5's Why not try 2 8's? Recenty put a set of 8's in the doors of my car and they have a lot more impact than the 6.5's. Really love the sound of them.

Thought about doing 2 8"s for lower midbass and 2 5.25"s for upper mids but I dont think I will have the mounting depth for 8" drivers unless I can find some decent overhung motor 8"s.

maybe just run 1 IB then sell the other. sq and 2 15s is just IDK. How would those be IB what is the specs?
Ha you never heard the Protege I did with 2 15" RL-p's IB off a DLS A6. Along with the Morel mids and tweeters and CDT M6 mids in the doors it was amazing....

maybe just run 1 IB then sell the other. sq and 2 15s is just IDK. How would those be IB what is the specs?
Really don't want the window blocked off, this is a SUV.

if u plan to go SPL just save ur money to do that... SQ usualy cost more the SPL most the time
The SQ front stage I build in the next few months will stay when I switch to SPL, and I will more than likely be buying drivers/tweets that are at most $75 each. The only thing that will not stay when I switch is the AA's, hence I have/will only spend $125 for this temp setup.

I'm running a set of DLS Nobelium 8's they are only 2.75" deep. Dynaudio also has a set that are around 2.5" deep.
DLS is too expensive, got a link to the others?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.