A little bit of everything

Participant count
  • Participant list

Reinholds Sturiska

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello! So recently I bought and replaced speakers in my car didnt do alot of reading up on all of this so here I am. I installed two front tweeters https://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/type-s-speakers37/sps-110tw just cut off factory wires and installed a harness to accept these, simple enough. And also two front doors and rear panels i installed these https://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/SingleView/SPG-13C2 same thing here just wire in simply. I left in factory HU and didnt mess with anything there, but im not impressed with sound. Could it be factory HU does not have enough power to power these speakers? Then i also red something about active and passive speakers and that messed me up completely. What is this and should i be using amp to power these? Should I had used component speakers in doors and rear, or should I use just plain speaker w/o the tweeter built in?

And hypothetically if i install speakers in doors/rear with RMS of 50 should they be amplified?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.