A girl doing a guys job...help! Amp not working and now stereo too!

Holy ****! Clean up those wires on the terminals before you catch something on fire! Get some Spade Connectors for those wires to fit into the terminals bare wire like that = bad news.

Ok commence the trolling.

Find you. a dmm for testing. Get some good #8 wire for power and grounds as a true 400 watt amp should have around 40 amp fuse. Its possible u burnt the wire your using as it looks pretty small youll need a dmm to find out. Test the voltage at the amp both with and without a load on the amp. Verify signal voltage to subs and ohm loads. Gl

You may have better luck trying to power sub off the headunit. Those American Pro amps literally don't look like they have more power than a headunit.
And be sure that you don't have a loose battery terminal or have it wired into the incorrect factory wires.
Don't doubt the American Pro as a beginner amp. Mine pushed my hifonics 12s pretty hard before I burned it up from running at bridged at 1 ohm. Lol. That first system bring back so many memories. I actually thought I was pounding.

X2 on the grounds. I'd also recommend upgrading battery and engine grounds in the front.

Alright before this goes any further. Im going to remind all of the older members here there is no trolling outside of the Dome. Consider this your first and only warning.

Try a different source if you get another set of rcas and hookup an iPod or something to the amp and get no sound the amp is bad. If it work's it's either your rcas or headunit

You can go to harbor freight and get a red DMM for 3 dollars. Works fine for basic car audio use.. Go to walmart and buy 3.5mm aux jack to RCA wire adaptor and that will plug into the amps RCA's and the other end will plug into an Ipod headphone jack. You can test signal with that.. If it doesn't work that way, It is surely the amp. Get 8g Power wire from the battery to the amp and an 8G ground if you dont have one already. If it doesn't work then, your amp is shot.

Also, get a small piece of wire and bridge the remote terminal to the positive batt. terminal. This will keep the amp on nomatter what during testing. It eliminates the head unit's remote amplifier function so it helps diagnose amplifier failure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.