A Few Newbie Questions...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Copper Oranges

USA
Hello, I purchased a 2002 Honda CR-V, and I'm going to pick it up on Friday. I would like to add some bass to compliment my stock speakers, but at the same time, I don't want to spend a lot of money. I mostly listen to rock music, if that matters. I did a little research today and it looks like my options are:

1. Buy an amp, mount it under the seat, and buy a sub woofer and possibly replace it with one of the stock speakers.

2. Buy an all-in-one unit and put it in the back.

The first one seems like more work so option two is looking good to me. I did a quick search on craiglist and found this: Rampage Blue Devils - 320w Spearker System

I have no idea about the sound quality, but something similar to that seems ideal for me. When I want to haul stuff around, I can take it out by simply grabbing it's very nifty handle on top.

As for my questions...

1. How does one keep the box in place? Does it come with Velcro or what?

2. Can I connect an all-in-one unit to a 12-volt car connector? (this thing) CR-Vs have one in the back.

3. How are they normally connected?

I told you they were newbie questions. Haha!

Don't buy those subs you found on craigslist. They're trash.

1. A small L-bracket can be used, or a piece of wood can be fixed to the floor & the enclosure can be screwed to said piece of wood. I wouldn't advise using velcro. What if you're in an accident? You want that enclosure secured.

2. Buy an amp install kit and do things right.

3. With wiring. + batt terminal to amp, ground from amp to chassis and rem wire, loc or RCA cable from cd player.

If you want some budget friendly options that'll perform well, send me a pm. I'll steer you in the right direction...

Those look like mids. Probably not the bass your looking for. Try looking at a Bazooka Tube if you want all-in-one.
Active or passive?

If you want some budget friendly options that'll perform well, send me a pm. I'll steer you in the right direction...
I want to get my truck before I decide on what to do, but will it be cheaper than a Bazooka Tube and if so, how much?

I have an amplified 8" Bazooka that I will sell for $50 + shipping. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I have an amplified 8" Bazooka that I will sell for $50 + shipping. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
OP, if you don't think you can handle an install, hit this guy up...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.