A Few General Questions, 5.25" Speakers, etc.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pelikan

I'm doing a full restoration on a '73 Volkswagen Beetle. Part of that is going to involve adding speakers and a head unit. I don't need an insane system--not looking to rattle the windows--just something that sounds good. Given this is a small car, and would almost never have people in the back seat, I'm just going to install a pair of speakers up front.

So I have a few questions:

• With the way the car is setup, I can only fit 5.25" speakers. Will two 5.25 inchers provide decent enough audio? Again, not looking for anything insane, just something that sounds nice for the average listener.

• I'm looking at a Kenwood KDC-X494 head unit and KFC-X133 Kenwood Excelon speakers. Decent?

Overall, I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible, and am looking to spend $500 or less, including the cost of install. Any help/guidance greatly appreciated.

great deck i install alot of kenwoods, dont care for there speakers at all. if ur looking to power off just the factory headunit dont looking into a brands highered coxials they almost always need more power (amp) to sound good. look into there lower end. i would be looking for metal tweeters higher sen.

pm me might be able to hook you up..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.