a couple questions about 4/0

Saint211
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
New York
I wanna throw in 4/0 cable. Anyone know where I can get set-screw terminals, reducers, distro blocks, and fuseholders for the said size...

I can only find crimp on ring terminals... but what about the fuse holder, distro block.... gonna be 3 amps off it. I guess I could just use ring terminals and bolt the wires together for the distro.....

but anyone who can point me in the right direction please help me out

eventually gonna have about 5000 watts in my ride.... i wanna go as big as possible.... would 0 AWG even handle 5k?

You don't need 4/0 wire.

I've got 2 AQ2200ds and 1 sundown 100.4 which is more than 5000w.

Your main power line that goes from your starting battery to battery bank in the back needs to be large enough to accomodate the charging power of the alternator.

In my case, i used Stinger's Xpert 3/0 wire.

I could have used dual 2/0 wire but i needed this wire inside the vehicle and Stinger's wire fit perfectly.

Once you reach the battery bank, you have short runs of wire going from the batts to the amp(s) so then it gets easier. Just feed the amp with the largest gauge size it can fit.

I've 2/0 running in my AQ2200ds which i finally got to fit and 4awg for the sundown and quad 2/0 for grounds in the back.

If you are wanting to go crazy and trying to prevent voltage drop of less than 0.1, it would be better to just run lots of 1/0 or 2/0 runs instead of 1 or a couple humungous runs.

Most people do multiple runs of 1/0
Im sure it would be hella stiff and hard to work with but 4/0 might be found at an electrical supply store
I have about 40 feet of 4/0 that is probably just as flexable as hyper flex.

I can wrap my Knu 1/0 Fleks cable around a quarter...but nice flexibility on that big wire.
Yea, its nice stuff. I orginally planned on walling a van but it never panned out. I'm going to use that wire for the big 3 and do one run to the batteries in the trunk in my 05 G6.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.