Got bored, started rebuilding....couple questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pl8er
5,000+ posts

Can you solve it?
Gents,

My wife is due in Nov and the box I was using was taking up too much room. I decided to build a sealed box for my 10's. I built it, of course I hate it compared to the ported box I had, but it is only taking up 1 cu. ft. so that is a plus. Now I went the lazy route and drilled bolts through the side of the box to attach the subs. is there any negatives (besides looks) to doing it this way?

Also, Nine.1 has the auto bridge thing for the connetions, I'm just using one now, so does it matter which one I hook it to?

This is just temporary until the BM's come out then I am going to redo the box with those.

Thanks!

It's a work in progress (Since I can't drive the jeep yet) , but you can see the bolts in the box. Nothing wrong with it as long as there are no leaks.

Lanzar2000D.jpg

lol well then i guess that works for ya.... just be careful that the bolts don't touch other things or loose wires causing them to short i guess....
Amp and distribution blocks will be mounted to the box, box will be covered and bolted down. Nothing will be loose //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Guess it's how it works...but I went back outside ripped out my amp rack and I am going to mount everything ot the box for the time being. Once the BM's come out I'll build a new amp rack and use a smaller box. Couldn't stand the output from the Ed's in a sealed box :p

What a difference all of this work made!

Redid the whole electrical system (which really reminds me that I need to do the big-3) all grounds redone and main ground replaced...

Also removing the amp rack took out about 25lbs (not to mention the 25lb plate I had sitting in there from pack running) so I reduced 25 lbs. Cleaned up my wiring too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Pl8er

5,000+ posts
Can you solve it?
Pl8er
Ahwatukee, Az
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date