96 Blazer-- 2 18's budget build

Under the hood:

DSC02282_zpse1761262.jpg

Subs have broken in a bit. To my ear seems to be around 150dB. Stock alternator is keeping the voltage sufficiently high. Stays above 13v.

After 4 coats:

DSC02360_zpsdc194b27.jpg

Box turned out amazing. Tomorrow the equipment will be re-installed. One of the four ports is also temporarily plugged (from the inside). Using a towel to test this idea out, the sub lower frequency response was increased while the higher bass (about 45 Hz and up) still was well pronounced. On paper, plugging one port lowers the resonant frequency of the box about 5 Hz. Port performance has not been lost even with two ports plugged; the large 1.5" flares on the ports help out a lot.

Some of the paint ended up coming off. With really high humidity and time constraints we had to paint without giving ample time to let the primer dry.

Bass knob, volt meter, and some switches:

bassremote_zps85ddc7ff.png

Rear wiring:

DSC02369_zpsdc01e2d9.jpg

systemrear_zpsc9bf355d.png

Very happy with the overall look of the system. Turned out better than I had imagined.

systemfromrear_zps0627e72f.png

Put together a small video. Didn't get much footage though.

Subs seem to have more mechanical and thermal potential. Without clipping the amps the subs barely warm up, and when not playing anything under 30Hz they only exert about an inch. Perhaps a future upgrade will be to swap out these amps for two 3500's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.