95 Grand AM build

well today was a success kind a lol!!

bad news first the false floor gave me all kinds of issues and wasn't very flexible at all. long story short the false floor was holding me up big time!!

the fans and wiring had to be moved back to the very rear of the trunk as the box had to slide in a bit more then i planned i guess i didn't take into account my stupid angle of my back seat! lol!

now the good news i cut the false floor down and screwed it to the bottom of the box that way i still get the same effect of a false floor... i hope!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

the 11.5inch sono tube i picked up was to big lol opps! time to rethink that one!

o ya and i got the box into the car!!! YA

but my trunk wouldn't close due to the automatic trunk release being in the way so i had to move it!

at any rate here are some pics boo and or congratulate me either or enjoy!!

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

you saying you think the sound will bounch off and return to the sub hench cancelling...

and angled will fix this ummm how to fix this... can i take a disk grinder to it and grind an angle on it.? or will that not be good enough?

the BEST way to fix it would be pop the box out and take the threads out the sub panel out. cut that piece the sub panel rests on at and angle.. you will need to use good judgement on how close that back sub will be to the board.. it needs room for excursion.. you can invert mount it from the inside of the box though if need be.. which seems like what you were going to do anyways..

I would say test it out first though and if it does cancel out badly then fix it.. I don't have experience with a box like that so idk..

okay thanks for the tip and recommendations!

okay i got a noob question for you how do you tell cancelling in a sub setup? just the lack of noise or a special noise it will make?

thanks agian

If its quieter than expected pretty much, lots of excursion and no db's may mean cancellation....can't really say what to do, test it out!!!! I did something similar with some two by fours and mdf and made a loading wall out of my trunk. I didn't hear a large difference in output after putting it on top versus without it. So you may come out on top. If you're not satisfied try again!

If its quieter than expected pretty much, lots of excursion and no db's may mean cancellation....can't really say what to do, test it out!!!! I did something similar with some two by fours and mdf and made a loading wall out of my trunk. I didn't hear a large difference in output after putting it on top versus without it. So you may come out on top. If you're not satisfied try again!
this.. or if the subs aren't moving as much as they should the pressure may build in there not allowing as much excursion.. but it may be a big enough space to work just fine

question can i slip a wedge in there? make one out of plastic or somrething to that exact size and side it in and see if i like it?

doors are done will get them on sunday and post new pics and on sunday i will be able to get my jasper to finish off my front baffle with the 10inch port in it!

more pics coming SOON!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.