2006 Lincoln LS install

misfit138
5,000+ posts

a whole new type of aids
Williamson, WV
Today's the day. Some of the unused equipment that's lying around will find a home, and I'll finally get to audition some zenon amps. My friend Jason is the lucky one, because nearly every aspect of the sound system in his Lincoln is getting upgraded in one way or another. While nothing about this new equipment is supremely impressive, it's far greater than the stuff he's currently using.

Kenwood KFC 6x8" plates are out. RF T152s comps are in.

2x Profile HA700M's are out. The DC PAI-1000.1 is in.

Profile Cali AP740 is out. The DC PAI-120.4 is in.

The bone stock deadener is out. Dynamat Extreme is in.

You get the idea. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I was having problems before I removed the first screw. None of the lumber yards within reasonable driving distance are stocked with mdf, so I'm forced to destroy the pre-fab in order to make baffles for the new components. The subs will be the last thing to go in, so I'll drive to Charleston over the weekend and buy some mdf.

We'll get started with some pics of the equipment.

dvdplayer2.jpg

dvdplayer1.jpg

dc10001.jpg

dc1204.jpg

KickerCVR12s.jpg

rft152smidsgrilles.jpg

rft152stweetsx-overs.jpg

rft152sbnib.jpg

thelot.jpg

Some of the equipment that was previously installed in the Lincoln will be kept in use. The factory console location houses a pair of Infinity 10.7t tweets, and the rear doors house a pair of Infinity Reference 6032cf coaxials.

Be gentle with me, because I'm not trying to win the most beautiful install of the year award.

Some pics of the progress that was accomplished this afternoon. Most of my pics turned out blurry, so this is going to be kinda stupid.

Passenger door (before):

passengerbefore.jpg

Note the Kenwood plates. These suckers are in excellent condition, and they'll be for sale shortly.

Driver door after 1 layer of Dynamat Xtreme:

driverafter.jpg

This isn't close to complete. More dynamat xtreme (inside & out) and healthy wiring will finish up the job.

My baffles. They're ugly, but strong like bear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. They're all equally ugly, so one pic will suffice. I don't care about their appearance anyway, because they'll never be seen:

baffle1.jpg

These suckers are made of .75" mdf, and they're covered inside and out with dynamat extreme. They're beefy to say the very least.

It doesn't seem like I got much finished today, but that's not the case. Both front doors are covered in 1 layer of Dynamat, all baffles are complete and the teardown was taken care of. The 90 degree heat has got me busted. More tomorrow...

Got a lot done today, so I'll log the progress.

Front driver:

frontdriversfinished.jpg

Front passenger

frontpassengersfinished.jpg

Baffles:

bafflesfinished.jpg

Baffle internal:

bafflesfinishedback.jpg

Rear driver:

reardriversfinished.jpg

Rear passenger:

passengersrearfinished.jpg

Deck lid (1 layer so far):

decklidfirstlayer-1.jpg

Rear portion of deck lid (1 layer so far):

decklidrearfirstlayer-1.jpg

A couple pics of the ride itself are probably in order. It's dirty, but I'll detail it once the install and build are finished.

lsfront.jpg

lsside.jpg

Here are the Kenwood KFCP680C 6"x8" plate comps that came out of the vehicle:

kenwoodspeakersforsale.jpg

They're for sale as of now.

Here are the amps that came out of the vehicle:

profileampsforsale.jpg

These are for sale as well.

Taking tomorrow off (going to King's Island with a lady friend). I'll get back to work on saturday evening...

looking good, cant wait to see how those amps perform
I'm sure the amps will do alright with the Kickers and T152S', but there's been a change in plans for this project within the last hour or so. My friend has decided to buy much better subs within the next couple of months, so the idea of building a custom enclosure is on hold for the moment. Instead, these Kickers will go into a ported pre-fab that's exactly like the one pictured earlier in the thread. That's more than cool with me, because there's no point in building an enclosure for a pair of entry level subs that're only going to be in the vehicle for 2 months. Especially when the guy can drive less than 10 minutes from his house and buy a pre-fab for $50. Add the fact that I'd have to make a 4 hour round trip drive to Charleston to buy mdf, and I'm flat out ecstatic about this news.

I'm going to talk my friend into running a single 15" in the LS. Maybe a DC Level 4 or RE SX. I already have a few enclosure/trunk layout ideas to toy around with too.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I'm going to get back to work on this tomorrow......if anyone actually gives a $hit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I finally got to do a little work this evening, but it was more boring stuff. I only had about 2 hours of daylight after the thunder storms finally passed over, so I didn't get much done. Should get quite a bit finished tomorrow, so I'll be uploading new pics.

A little package from http://www.knukonceptz.com is coming tomorrow as well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

contents:

KonFused 2-Way (1/0 awg in - 2x 4 awg out) Distribution System

KonFUSED high current in-line fuse holder

KonFUSED Positive Batt Terminal

Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 awg (10')

Klear Kable blue 10 gauge (10')

a fistful of gold plated 4 awg ring terminals

About 40' of Audiopipe 4 awg should be arriving tomorrow as well. I wanted to go with knukonceptz for this too, but I couldn't pass up 40' of 4 awg for $10. Should be more than enough for the entire project.

12" DC Audio Level 4 and Kinetik HC2000 will be here within the next week as well. Can't wait to get to work on the enclosure & amp rack.

Ran into a little problem while test fitting the door panels. There's a plastic lip that surrounds the entire speaker opening, so I'll have to use a dremel to remove it on all 4 doors. Have to enlarge the openings of all 4 doors as well. Gotta love monotonous $hit like that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

The RF T152S tweeters are the most difficult I've ever installed. It takes an act of congress to remove the tweeter from the flush mount housing.

The guy who designed these things should spend an eternity in hell.....trying to remove these tweets from their housings.

Got a lot done today. As I said, there was a plastic lip on all four doors that needed to be removed. This was kind of time consuming, but I got it done.

Before:

SANY0281.jpg

After:

SANY0280.jpg

I also finished up the wiring to the doors, but I forgot to take pics. Here's what the speakers look like under the door panels (thinking of removing them and adding some black paint to the Dynamat).

SANY0287.jpg

And now it's time to tell you guys about something that really *****. This guy REFUSES to let me build kick panels to house both pairs of T152S' in the front of the vehicle, and he wouldn't let me install the tweets in the a-pillars. He absolutely insisted that each door house a tweet and midbass. I personally think this was a bad decision, but it's not my vehicle. Oh well.

Front door panel with tweet:

SANY0285.jpg

Rear door panel with tweet:

SANY0284.jpg

This took about 7 hours to do, but most of the day was spent on cutting up the internals of the door panels. All of the wiring will be finished tomorrow, and then it's the waiting game. Have to order the 12" DC Level 4, wait for the HC2000 to arrive and drive to Charleston to pick up mdf for the enclosure and amp rack. Hard to say how long that stuff will take...

I did get some good news today. My Clarion VRX585USB $hit the bed a while back, and the guys who provide the extended warranty weren't able to repair the hu. They gave me a $620 buyout a few days ago (for a dvd player that can be had for $375), and sent the broken unit back to me.

My friend Jason has the exact same dvd player, and he just gave the **** thing to me today. He's decided to run an Alpine IVA-W505 in the Lincoln instead, so I made out like a champ. I'm $620 ahead, still have my broken dvd player and now I have a working hu as well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.