95 Grand AM build

So i feel an update is in order now!

I gave my door panels to a buddy to do some fiber glassing for me! the idea is to get 2 sets of components in the front doors! (8 speakers total) and those will be done whenever and some of you may know him as Mike or Jalat over on CCA

I also finished cutting out my cuts aka the sub and port holes! i ALSO give the box a test fit!

so here you go enjoy and let me know what you guys think!

as you can see it ALMOST fits in with the rear seats STILL there! lol!

IMG_0107.jpg

as can been seen once the rear seats are out i should be okay to get this in! I will have to flip it down!! and while it is up i will try to put the subs in!! i better get ripped in a hurry lol!

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

here is a pic of the box without the front on sure i screwed up on my hole location but meh it works out!

IMG_0110.jpg

and another view of the box!

IMG_0111.jpg

now to answer some questions I love the NS!! they are awesome woofer!! but very heavy also!

also as for the fab job i got buddy who is going to fiber glass them for me then as for finishing them i will make them a dark or a color to match the existing colors in the car already!

once those get under way i will also post some pics fo them!!

again thanks everyone for the feedback!!

so i did a few more things today! take a look let me know what you guys thing and what i can improve on! i know it looks mess and yes there is a ton of extra wire but that allows me to be able to pull the false floor out and not worry about my wiring!

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

and yes i also had time to finish a few other bottles! (the green ones in particular)

IMG_0116.jpg

well today was met with epic failure!!

Me and Derek and his brother tried to get the above box into my car..and to sum it all up NO GO!!

SOB POS! I hate my like!

turns out the fist 1/2 of the box slides in like a peach then toward the rear of the car the whole thing slopes down on us... stupid grand am right up ticked me off for all the 2hours!

to remedy this issue i am going to switch the bottom piece of 3/4 to 1/2 birch and see what that does for me if anything!if that doesn't go i will have to try to switch the top half of the box also!

all and all this will be one hell of an accomplishment after it is all in!!

wish me luck tomorrow guys!

so i am going to use 1/2 on the bottom piece rather then 3/4 and i will now have to switch my 2-6inch ports for 1-10inch port! o joy! i can't wait!

so on another note here is a few pics of my door panels! i have mike (jalat) doing them all up nice and pretty for me!!

100_1119.jpg

100_1118.jpg

so a new update is in order!

I replaced my bottom board with 1/2 (used to be 3/4) and the box slid right in!! who!

but now i have to make a 10inch port...out of a sono-tube, and this i will need some help doing so if anyone has experience iwth these please help me out or reference me to a site!

thanks everyone!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.