95 Grand AM build

CrazyKenKid
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
So school is finally over, the weather is finally starting to turn around and everything is looking good for a new build!

So to start things off here is the box I will be building the over all sizes are 30x36x17.5, this box is a master piece of shizzzon designs! (look him if you need help with a weird install in a small spot!) he cubics before displacement are like 7~ and after 6.5~ and tuning is 40hz (may change in the future)

Untitled-6.jpg

Now here is my old box and as we can see the mdf soaked up the water like a sponge lol! so needless to say i had a leak issue also if you are interested here is a link to my old build.

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Onto the bad parts in the trunk, also not shown the tail lights were leaking BAD and i had to reseal those puppies fast with a sealing agent!

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

Next item to talk about is the equipment which will be going in!

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

I also deaded my trunk and installed a false floor! take a look

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

In this build I will be using 4 fans to help keep the sub amps cool as they will be hidden under the sub box, as I have taken out the spare tire and the thing holding the spare tire in the well.

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

other then that my last build was 144db's on 1-saz2000 this new build will be double the power and double the cone area! and maybe i will upgrade to a pair of saz2500 but we will see on that as nothing is set in stone.

Tomorrow (Monday may 10th) I hope to have the box finalized as in all pieces cut and nearly 100% done and sub holes will be cut out some time this week also.

I have also started my new job on Monday and I will be working 10-11/day so this build could be a while in the making lol!

keep in mind this is about 1-2days worth of work I don't work very fast i take my time and do it right and enjoy some beers! also any idea will be cool and anything you want to ask go for it! Other then that this build is completely done using birch 3/4! it is very very nice stuff to use and very easy to work with!

Cheer's

Kenneth

(time for Chinese, msg pumped food)

well a little more progress today! i got nearly the whole sub box all done all i have to do now is cut my sub and port holes. also so everyone knows i lost a good close tool today.. my poor 20year old jig saw... tear... here is is RIP

IMG_0099.jpg

now i also got around to laying out my sub woofer! onto the piece of wood! check it out! and yes the one is a little bit rusty and will need some fixing up!

IMG_0090.jpg

onto the box please note the i will not be installing the front baffle UNTIL i get the box into my car as i know this will be nearly impossible to put into my car as it is now! so i will try to give my self a better chances at best! I am currently waiting on my JIG (or jasper as some ppl call them) to cut out my sub and port holes and that is due (finger yet again crossed) on friday! lol.

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

and incase you are wondering I did cut back the front baffle as a piece to the right was left on!

other then that tomrrow (thursday) I hope to pull out my seats and amp (sax100.4) again and getting ready to toss the box in friday or saturday depending on when i get my jig/ jasper in. in the mean time I need some help on my front stage here is a pic of my door pannel

IMG_0100.jpg

this above section can actually come right out and those dimensions at max are about 19-20 by 13 tall

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

so any ideas would be good..

i am thinking about just taking that section out and building up MDF some how then mounting my speakers that way. as it stands i only have about 2.5inch of room of depth to mount with and if i build it out some i could get a bunch more in that area. I will be thinking about what to do with this area of the car. and yes before you ask I already have another pair of component speakers ready to pop into the front stage. as of right now i am waiting for a good idea!

but let me know what you guys thing and we can go from there

So I decided to finalize my amp rack, which is been placed in my spare tire well. and I thought i would take a picture and show you guys what it all looks like!

please note everything is screwed down and the fans are Velcro-ed down maybe tomorrow after work i will pop it in the tire well and mount it all and go from there!

let me know what you guys thing

IMG_0103.jpg

actually right now i am kind a in a stand still till i get my jasper so i will be able to cut out my sub and port holes! once i get those i am home free to put the box in!

and the jasper will be at my place on Monday!! so common monday! i am nearly done!

also i need some input from anyone and everyone!

Carpet or No carpet on the sub box?

also i need some input from anyone and everyone!

Carpet or No carpet on the sub box?
I've always been a fan of a nice paint job, or vinyl. Carpet looks cheap to me

About your front stage, I think your headed in the right direction. Just cut a baffle then make your chambers. Please don't **** it up...I can see you have moderate fab skills so don't let me down by painting it bright blue or some stupid ass color that just stands out and says "look at me! I don't blend in!"

How do you like those nightshades? I can't get enough of how well they sound tuned low, and the output is just a added +

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.