Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Medium

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Lacking A Lot

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
Hey bro, welcome to the forums. I remember your writeup on SF.com. Beautiful job on the install.

Thanks man. I have a while to go to get it 'beautiful', but im workin on it, lol. Next project is to extend the center console and add more shape the the rear seat area.

Here is one option I might do temporarily.

IMG_1062-1.jpg

This is VERY rough, and the shape is wrong, but you get the idea. Would go between he back of the OE center console and the back of the sub enclosure:

console.jpg

I know, but there is VERY little room to work with. The door panel fits the door-frame like a glove in most places, and there isnt enough backspacing to make an enclosure. Ill have to think on it...there might be room for a fiberglass 'shield'.
You could always get creative, and use some tin or aluminum flashing, and deaden it. Rivet it into place on the doors, not over the skin, just enough to fill the holes. It looks like your mid is just floating there, regardless how solid that mount is, its not going to sound as good as a properly sealed door

You could always get creative, and use some tin or aluminum flashing, and deaden it. Rivet it into place on the doors, not over the skin, just enough to fill the holes. It looks like your mid is just floating there, regardless how solid that mount is, its not going to sound as good as a properly sealed door
I have a little room to bring the speaker out, so Im thinking about a fiberglass shield and just drill a few small bolts holes to hold it in place. There is one hole that I will just have to put fatmat over though, no way to make a piece to cover it.

Some of the cuts are scary ugly along with the carpeting that I saw on the first post. Nice car thoe wish some one would buy me one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Some of the cuts are scary ugly along with the carpeting that I saw on the first post. Nice car thoe wish some one would buy me one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Are you referring only to the cuts in the carpet and the carpet itself? If so, I would have been a little more harsh about the quality, lol. All the carpet was temporary until I could figure out what I really wanted to do with the amp area.

I will start fiberglassing the center console extension in a day or so, and then move on to pieces to shape the areas where the amps are now. After all that's done the hatch extension, headliner, and plastic side panels are getting wrapped in black suede or alcantara. Then im going to make a nice piece of black carpet to replace the stock piece I hacked up to go in the area behind the subwoofer.

Somewhere in there I will make the pieces to seal the doors off better. After that I think ill be pretty much done aside from refinishing the panels over the gauge custer, shifter, a/c units, etc...

Oh yea, the terrible cut line on the sub enclosure carpet was how it arrived at my house, I haven't touched it yet. The nasty looking cuts on the door panel before I put the grills on was how I found it upon removing the OE grills (which had been removed before).

****Update****:

The cardboard skeleton of the center console extension is almost done. With any luck I will fleece and put down the first layer of glass today! Then it will take another day or two shape it with bondo, do the final layers of fiberglass, replace the cardboard ribs with fiberglass ones (molded on the bottom so they fit in the car perfect), sand, and figure out exactly how to mount it. The Utopia 5WS should be here mid/early next week; so then Ill start the pod for it that will be on the front of the console extension facing towards the dash. The pod will look like a mini version of the center of the main sb enclosure, just facing foreward.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...